What motivates you to 'get going' in the morning?

Options
I use music! I dunno what it is about the stuff, but I find it very emotionally powerful! :laugh: :love: :sad:

YES!!! i'M A MAD PERSON! BUT A CHIRPY IN THE MORNING MAD PERSON!! :bigsmile:

My playlist, which gets me outta bed, in the bathroom and dressed and ready to face the day is as follows:

1)L'Estasi Dell'oro (The Ecstasy of Gold) by Ennio Morricone (From The Good, The Bad and The Ugly) ORIGINAL!!! NOT THE METALLICA COVER!!!!

2) Let Forever Be by The chemical Brothers.

3) Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf (by this time I'm usually gogo dancing my way to the bathroom - yep I could do it once upon a time!

4) Stone Cold Sober by Paloma Faith - I LOOOOOVE HER!!!

5) Ieya by Toyah - When I was a kiddy-wink (until I was about 7) I thought of Toyah as a job description, not a person!! ''What do you wanna be when you grow up?'' ''TOYAH!!!''

6) How Soon Is Now? by The Smiths - just love it! Brings back lots of memories and is a rockin tuuuuuune!!

7) Hey Boy Hey Girl by The Chemical Brothers - just get me movin somehow, I dunno why :/

Sooo there you have it. If this doesnt confirm my place in the local mad house I dunno what will

Hope you have a good day folks

Mwah xx

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    When I was a kiddy-wink (until I was about 7) I thought of Toyah as a job description, not a person!! ''What do you wanna be when you grow up?'' ''TOYAH!!!''

LMAO - you are soooo cool! :laugh: I bet it's really fun in Chez Ales!

i like to have quiet when I get up! I don't really need to get going - I'm not one of those people who needs to 'wake up' once they get up. I very often start work within five minutes of being up (showering and dressing comes later!). I am definitely a morning person, not a night person! Now I do c25k, I'm even more raring to go in the mornings - I just want to be up and doing things! :bigsmile:
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    hunger normally!!! lol
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    hunger normally!!! lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    When I was a kiddy-wink (until I was about 7) I thought of Toyah as a job description, not a person!! ''What do you wanna be when you grow up?'' ''TOYAH!!!''

LMAO - you are soooo cool! :laugh: I bet it's really fun in Chez Ales!

i like to have quiet when I get up! I don't really need to get going - I'm not one of those people who needs to 'wake up' once they get up. I very often start work within five minutes of being up (showering and dressing comes later!). I am definitely a morning person, not a night person! Now I do c25k, I'm even more raring to go in the mornings - I just want to be up and doing things! :bigsmile:

Lol!!! Its good fun in Chez Ales until I start gettin tired (around 5pm) and then I just wanna get everything done and finished soI can go swoon into my bed at a decent time! I've been relly late the last few nights and went early again last night which has made a big change!! I hate getting up late (after 10am) cos then it seems the day is half gone and I feel like I'm running behind all the time.

I'm not some super mad early riser or anything, but between 8 an 9 is my usual and bed before 11.

lol @ aamb :D

know what you mean! I'm defo ready for my brekkie when I get up.

I follow the FlyLady system so I need to make the bed, then get washed and dressed (all the way to shoes) before I go start on Brekkie! But its gooooood when I get it. (oops :P) haha!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    the wiggles and jiggles
  • ales1979
    Options
    the wiggles and jiggles

lmao :) know how yuo feel!! I dont wanna have wiggles an jiggles when I walk anymores, either! :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i usually get up shower dress and dry my hair etc before breakkie.. only day i don't is a sunday when i have my breakfast in my dressing gown. i like a quiet start to my day, and hate it when my hubbie is crashing about , or invades me in the bathroom, even after 33 years of marriage, it annoys me lol. i usually have my breakfast at the computer desk, in silence, while he has his in front of the oh so cheery breafast telly mob
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    I'm not some super mad early riser or anything, but between 8 an 9 is my usual and bed before 11.

I'm usually awake by 6, up by 6.30, check emails, and then go out for a run at 7.30. I actually intend to return to swimming at 7.30 on the days I don't run (my pool, which is a few minutes' walk from my house, does early morning sessions between 7.30 and 9. Sweet!)!

The downside is that 10pm seems like a late night to me, unless I am still working! I am such a lighty! :laugh:

I follow the FlyLady system so I need to make the bed, then get washed and dressed (all the way to shoes) before I go start on Brekkie! But its gooooood when I get it. (oops :P) haha!!

You are so organised! I am completely rubbish at domestic stuff. I'm a great cook but cr@p at washing up (Kevin does it!), am happy to do the laundry but a lamer when it comes to putting it away afterwards (although I am getting better at it!). And I only iron if it's absolutely necessary....but that's probably because I do so much of it when sewing!
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    i usually get up shower dress and dry my hair etc before breakkie.. only day i don't is a sunday when i have my breakfast in my dressing gown. i like a quiet start to my day, and hate it when my hubbie is crashing about , or invades me in the bathroom, even after 33 years of marriage, it annoys me lol. i usually have my breakfast at the computer desk, in silence, while he has his in front of the oh so cheery breafast telly mob

Breakfast telly - eek! :laugh: We don't have a TV service, but when my kids were teenagers and still living at home, they drove me up the wall by having it on the minute they were awake. Hell on earth! I was so happy when they moved out! :bigsmile:
  • lizzycomp
    lizzycomp Posts: 64
    Options
    A hungry kid who needs to get to school on time! But after he's out and my hubby is off to work....I enjoy a quiet home with coffee and a light tasty breakfast... After my belly settles from eating I look forward to yoga~Now that's what motivates me during the week... On Sunday, I look forward to a long hike that earns me mega calories to consume ...and I usually use them for a pancake breakfast! YUM!
  • ales1979
    Options
    :smile: aw its so nice to know how we start our days, innit?

@ lizzycomp! Wish I could get myself to do yoga in the mornings! once I've had my brekkie I'm good for nowt until my meds kick in! (no! not the drugs they gave me at the mad house!! my pain meds etc) which takes about an hour/ hour an a half. Buuut hoping losing the extra weight and getting used to moving about a bit more, is gonna change all that! :bigsmile:

Goshums its only 7pm here and already I'm wondering ''whats the earliest I can get away with going to bed cos I'm tiiiiired!!:yawn:

lol

:flowerforyou: