Triathlon Pictures (good and bad) Hope it works...

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I entered a triathlon as a part of a team. The lady on the left did the 1.2 mils swim. I (on the right in the orange) did the 56 mile bike ride. The lady in the center did the 13.1 mile run.

IMG_0438.jpg

I, unfortunately, got into a bit of a wreck. Meaning I face planted and flipped over my bike. The 2nd picture is my knee. It took the brunt of the impact. I got scraped up all over, my arm, ankle, hip, knuckles.

IMG_0439.jpg

Cool part of it is, one of the direction helpers that were strategically placed throughout the bike route, ran to me and asked if I wanted her to call the truck to take me back. I was only about 26 miles into the race. I had to take a minute, but I decided no truck. I wanted to finish. I am very stubborn. So, even though I had to go slower than I was going before the wreck, I finished. I finished last, but I finished on the bike on my own. It took me just a little over 4 hours. I am VERY sore and I am sure it will be worse tomorrow, but I am very happy I decided to finish.

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well done you, any plans to do it on your own soon? It's an ambition of mine...
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great dedication! Congrats! and OUCH!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but your dedication made me proud.

Good luck in the future.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That is some achievement, well done for having the strength to carry on. :)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is truly impressive! AND you've lost a ton of weight!! I'd love to see those before & after pics. Great job!:smile:
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You FINISHED & that's all that matters! You're AWESOME!:smile: Gave me a bit of inspiration as I sit here at 4am getting ready for my longest bike ride...the Tour De Fire, 65 miles. I'm also training for my first triathlon Las Vegas Triathlon September 25, 2011 (sprint distance).
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Well done you, any plans to do it on your own soon? It's an ambition of mine...

I really hope so. Either that or a marathon. I am really into running, it has become addicting.
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! CONGRATS on the weight loss! :drinker: :drinker:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great story. Congrats on sticking to it and finishing the race.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Wow, that is truly impressive! AND you've lost a ton of weight!! I'd love to see those before & after pics. Great job!:smile:

My story of my weight loss is in the link in my signature. It has several before, during, and after pictures. Feel free to look.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Sweet bike too! Don't forget to thoroughly check your helmet for damage.
  • k2d4p
    Options
    Congrats!! Sweet bike too! Don't forget to thoroughly check your helmet for damage.

What's really bad is I borrowed the bike. I had to check to see if I damaged the bike too. Turned out I didn't. The helmet was ok too.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Awesome for finishing! And OUCH!!!! That looks painful!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Sorry to hear about the fall :( Ow, looks like quite a doozie!
    You are inspiring! I have always wanted to do a triathlon :flowerforyou:
  • ciendras
    ciendras Posts: 5
    Options
    Very impressive. My hat, as it were, is off to you.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the triathlon, hope your knee is better soon, and I just wanted to say your blog story is so beautifully written!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! you should be so proud of yourself, for both the weight loss and the finishing of the race.
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    you inspire me :) i've read your blog/story 3-4 times! excellent job on the tri!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    when you fall off you get back on, outch... wow you did awesome job, bravo!!!!
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to you for accomplishing your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!