Searching for the best at-home exercise program

Options
I'm looking for an exercise video that burns a decent amount of calories and tones muscle. I've heard good things about Chalean Extreme, Zumba and The Firm. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mamamadonna
    mamamadonna Posts: 99
    Options
    I have used P90X and am currently using Insanity. I am VERY happy with Insanity. The workouts are manageable (45 minutes tops) and I am feeling great. P90 was great too but I found it hard to fit it in (1 hour and 15 minutes on average). My sister-in-law swears by Charlene Extreme and she has had some pretty good results. Hope this is helpful! Good luck to you!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i go to bodyrock.tv and every day a new and different workout is posted. i LOVE it.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X, Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme. They are all fantastic but ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X were my favorites. They both have a good mix of cardio and strength training. I recommend them to everyone :smile:
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    LUV Michelle Dozois. She has a new set Peak Fit Challenge which are amazing...this is a link to a short video clip...http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=142551612482781&oid=157677410949258&comments

and the website is www.peakfitchallenge.com

I am not an athlete and or exerciser by nature - but after working my way through her various dvd's and then these - I finally get it. I get why people workout. I am getting toned, stronger, and more at peace. Whoo!
  • Nikki_856
    Nikki_856 Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Currently doing Insanity and I love it.... Ok maybe not love it... But you'll burn a ton of calories and tone up. Plus it's just your body your pushing, no additional equipment needed...
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My favorite DVDs for burning calories are: "The Firm: Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn." "The Firm: Total Body Toner."

"Toning" is a dirty word when it comes to muscles. The only way to build muscle is by lifting weights. Lift HEAVY, or go home. Check out the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So my suggestion is not a workout video but a 'no equipment' workout that you can do at home. It is a great routine that will really get you sweating!!

http://www.ivillage.com/30-minutes-sleek-physique-no-equipment-workout-you-can-do-anywhere/4-b-296954
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for fun, then Zumba and Turbo Jam is the way to go...If you are looking for hardcore, then P90X and Insanity is they way to go....

I have tried them all

Currently on P90X, it is a minimum of 52 minutes, depending on the day, but the time goes by fast.

I don't really like working out from DVD's, I am an outdoor girl, but I want to tone up, and P90X was the best option for me, without having to go to a gym

Goodluck
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity and burn around 600-900 each time. It's pure cardio so it's tough but I assure you,you will see results!!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Ok here we go lol …
    My husband has done p90x and got great ripped results I tried it and but felt if I was closer to my goal weight it would be better for me…it is not something that I think is great for a female trying to lose 50+lbs it is more of the tone and get ripped I believe also I feel if you are not already semi-fit that you could get discouraged and give up (seriously just my opinion)
    One of his friends is doing Insanity I looked it over and it looks insane but again not for me I just find it hard to do that type of exercise with again all of that extra weight (again just my opinion)
    I have tried the Tracy Anderson Method Metamorphosis her thing is to get long and lean without bulking up using your accessory muscles (the smaller muscles) and her dance cardio to burn the calories...I do not like the dance cardio at all a lot of girls via her facebook page seem to get shin splints and honestly it is just feels like a lot of spazzing out

I am using Turbo Fire right now I love it she is fun and keeps me motivated this type of cardio is what I need right now to help shed the lbs as that is what I am needing personally for me right now…I do have a bad knee and have to follow her remedial person but ummm she still kicks my butt this is one program that I honestly feel that I can follow I want to get the Chalean Extreme and do it also once I have completed those and have lost about 30lbs I want to go back and do the Tracy Metamorphosis I think I am really having mixed feelings about it at this moment because everyone seems to want to look like Gwyenth Paltrow and that is ok I say go for it but I don’t want to lose my curves under my weight