Wedding today!

Options
dls06
dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
I know I am going to be bad and I don't care. I just hope it doesn't shock the system sooooo much I come home and have a heart attack in my sleep.
Or maybe I do so I'll never have to eat another salad> LOL

It's not my wedding, it's a family friends. The weather today in Philadelphia, PA is beautiful. I am happy for her.

Replies

• pooksMS
    pooksMS Posts: 25
    Options
    Enjoy your day! I can't wait for mine in July so that I can enjoy all of the food available and stay away from the salad today- enjoy!!!!!!!
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    if there is dancing at the wedding dance as much as you can. Its amazing how many calories you can burn while dancing.
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding today too and I know I'm not going to worry about calories or fat grams, I'm just going to have fun celebrating with my friends. Tomorrow will be about getting back on track. Have fun!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D Secondly, today is your wedding day. All the walking and standing up and just doing stuff today is going to burn a fair amount of calories. Plus, the last thing that should be on your mind is sticking to a diet. So enjoy today! Eat that piece of cake, (make SURE that you eat some of the meal at the reception, you will need to calories to burn later ;), and just have a BLAST! Congrats again and make today easily one of the most special momentous days of your whole life! :)

Also, after I posted, I realized that you didn't specifically say that it was YOUR wedding, just A wedding. So if you are just going to a wedding, then I would definitely enjoy it, but maybe not eat three pieces of cake. Try to stay fairly close to your goal (within the 1000 calorie range, that way you don't GAIN anything). Just have FUN! :)
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    awwww, congratulations!!! Be blessed.
  • jduvall1981
    jduvall1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. and remember its a wedding.. do lots of dancing.. burn those cals and have fun doing it!!
  • kathyw731
    kathyw731 Posts: 22
    Options
    As women, we tend to beat ourselves up for just about anything. I would hate to think that you regretted anything about your wedding day. I agree with the earlier posts. You will be moving all day today. DO NOT think about food. It won't matter. You wil have burned it off if not all of it, most of it. And then.... it takes 3500 calories to produce a pound of fat, and there is no way you will fill in the difference in one day. You will be wayyyyyyy off the mark. So, have tons of fun.

Something I do when I know I will be in a tempting situation and I need to stay in control, is to eat the healthy stuff first so I feel like I'm pigging out like crazy and then add the things at the end that I really would love to have but only have a little room left in my stomach. The other part of my strategy is to make something that you could eat in one bite last for four or five bites. Works like a charm for me. I feel satisfied and like I really got to have a treat.

Have a wonderful life with your new hubby. Marriage is wonderful. Having your best friend by your side for the rest of your life is a pretty cool deal. I know.... I married mine.