What do you do when you go over?

Options
2»

Replies

• georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm in the "start fresh" camp. As others point out, if I go over by 600-700 calories, I'm at maintenance, and I've only set myself back 1 day. If I had to pay penance the next day by reducing calories or trying to work it off with additional exercise, I'd be far less likely to get back with the program. So far, in about 45 days, I've only had 2 really significant lapses, and a few days with excesses of 100-200 calories. Not a bad record! I've never done this well before.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Definitely start afresh! Having had the release of eating more, you willprobably find it easier to stick to goal than usual, but never punish yourself for it.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I agree -- start fresh the next day and don't beat yourself up for it.

Sometimes, I will put in an extra workout. Sometimes, I will cut back a little the next day -- especially if I'm not as hungry. I find that my appetite fluctuates from day to day -- I just try to go with and vary my calories a little on a day to day basis, but still within target ranges
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, for now I'm carrying on as usual. By co incidence today I have done a ton of exercise calories but I'm not going to go nuts, I'm not actually as hungry as I thought I would be! Will see what the scales say in a few days I guess :happy: