Polar FT7 HRM

Options
Hi ,

I just purchased this HRM and yesterday I tried it with JM's PWR scult for 49 min (including warm up and cool down) and it showed that I burned 270 calories.. which seemed right since I was huffing and puffing a little.. (I weigh 142 lbs and 5'3 inches tall)

Today, I wanted to see how many calories I would burn running around doing errands this morning.. my usual morning routine. For 1hr and 40 min it recorded 275 calories-- and I am wondering if this is correct.. I really did not feel like I am burning that manyt calories-- I went from one store to other (walmart to farmers market to get my car cleaned etc)..

So Now I am wondering if this is showing the correct acct of calories burned.. how I can I tell ?

I figure those of you who have been using these HRM might know....

Thanks in advance

Nina

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are made to only track calories/heart rate while doing exercise. It's most likely not accurate for just running errands. That would be a part of your daily activity.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are made to only track calories/heart rate while doing exercise. It's most likely not accurate for just running errands. That would be a part of your daily activity.

I second that. Whether you like it or not, you are burning all day long, including during errands. A HRM is supposed to be used during elevated Heart Rate activity.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    HRMs aren't accurate for daily activities, only increased cardiovascular activities like exercise.
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies...was just curious