I'm here, I'm here!!

Options
Hi Y'all! I took a week off work last week to catch up on some cleaning and play a little with the kids, last full week of summer for us - school starts tomorrow.

Thought for sure I would have lost a lb or two last week, as hard as I worked. No dice. Gained 3 lbs in water weight though from the bbq over the weekend. :angry: My body hates me!!

So my daughter starts Jr. High tomorrow. I am freaking out!! I just about lost it when she started school - now she's starting a new phase. My 1st baby is growing up! Funny how one minute I'm yelling at her to grow up a little, then the next practically crying 'cuz she is growing up! Aaaaargh.

Anyhow - I'm here. Just lurking today - lots of work to catch up on - no one does a thing when I'm gone and I'm not even the boss lol. I'm feeling a little, o.k. a lot, rough around the edges today. I'm tired of fighting my body to lose weight, tired of fighting with dh to be a little more financially secure, tired of killing myself to try and get the bills paid and all the "stuff" for the Jr. Higher. It's really expensive to move up to Middle School. Jee - can't wait until HS lol. Anywho - just thought I'd pop in and say hi! :flowerforyou: Hope ya'll are doin' better than I am today!!

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all! I took a week off work last week to catch up on some cleaning and play a little with the kids, last full week of summer for us - school starts tomorrow.

Thought for sure I would have lost a lb or two last week, as hard as I worked. No dice. Gained 3 lbs in water weight though from the bbq over the weekend. :angry: My body hates me!!

So my daughter starts Jr. High tomorrow. I am freaking out!! I just about lost it when she started school - now she's starting a new phase. My 1st baby is growing up! Funny how one minute I'm yelling at her to grow up a little, then the next practically crying 'cuz she is growing up! Aaaaargh.

Anyhow - I'm here. Just lurking today - lots of work to catch up on - no one does a thing when I'm gone and I'm not even the boss lol. I'm feeling a little, o.k. a lot, rough around the edges today. I'm tired of fighting my body to lose weight, tired of fighting with dh to be a little more financially secure, tired of killing myself to try and get the bills paid and all the "stuff" for the Jr. Higher. It's really expensive to move up to Middle School. Jee - can't wait until HS lol. Anywho - just thought I'd pop in and say hi! :flowerforyou: Hope ya'll are doin' better than I am today!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Heya beautiful, thanx for checking in! I think that just about everybody is prepping for the end of the season. Over here, in northern MI, we long for the days when the "Summer Lice" aka tourists finally clear our streets and go home. Then the real party begins! :devil:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Water weight's easy to get rid of. You'll drop it in no time! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    as soupy would say.......GIRL!!!!!!!!!! we sure missed you!!!

I was wondering where you were! lol good luck w/ the kids going back:flowerforyou:

hugs!
    ali
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    "Summer Lice" I like that Jammerz! Here we say, "If it's called Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them?" j/k!

Yeah - water weight's easy to lose. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I seem to be able to lose lately! :ohwell:

Thanks Ali!! Luvvvv ya girly. Yeah - having a hard time with the whole middle school thing. Wait 'til next year when baby girl starts kindergarten!! I'll be a basket case - I was with the older one as at the time she was an only child. Oh well, us mommies have growing pains too, don't we!

Thanks guys!! Nice to know someone cares :heart:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    "Summer Lice" I like that Jammerz! Here we say, "If it's called Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them?" j/k!

Actual billboard in Alaska: Tourist Season, Fleece and Release
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I took a couple of weeks off too. I was on overdrive at work, very busy couple of weeks. The cable company also had to dig up my yard to replace an underground cable, and in doing so cut my phone service in half, killing my DSL and rendering me without a computer for a week. I don't even have cable, I am a DirecTV subscriber. Hopefully this week will be better. Just to let you all know

im-back-baby.jpg