New and in need of support

Options
I joined MFP a few weeks ago with some friends from work and a few family members, needless to say I am the only one who is still doing it. I am begging for some new friends and motivators. I started my new life back in Feb and lost 20lbs on my own (SW was 220 lbs) but that came to a stand still late march, then I was introduced to MFP and have lost another 5 lbs. I have a few goals GW 1 is 190 lbs (almost there currently 193), GW2 is 160 and GW3 is 140 or >. I have no time frames for these as long as I can be ready to run a 1/2 marathon in October. I have been attending a bootcamp program almost every thursday night in Las Vegas, and walk and do small weights 3-4 other nights a week. I just started the C25K program yesterday. I am currently very determind but I see it slowly disappearing as my friends have slowly droped out.

Just looking for some new friends

Replies

• rwinnie2
    rwinnie2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have sent a friend request, I to need all the help I can get.:flowerforyou:
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, I'm with you girl!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Check out my "friends" group...lots of Mommies you might have some things in common with.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I was friend and family challenged when I started this and I have found the greatest group of people on here... very supportive and somewhat funny. I will friend you! :-)
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sending you out a friend request! Having MFP's helps alot in this journey so lets see what we can accomplish...together! :happy:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started a group that's beginning C25K on Monday, so we're not too far behind you if you want to join! Adding you now!
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    You've come to a great place. Lots of encouragement here, and so many people that are going through exactly what you are going through. Stay strong, be committed and consistent with excercise and portion size.
    Make sure you log your choices even when you know you've blown it, then start over fresh the next day.
    This site helps me to be accountable, and gives me motivation to keep on going.

Hang in there and don't give up,
    Valerie-Crazy4Him4552