Don't you think your a little obsessed??

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I reply with "HELL TO THE YES! I like my problems. What's yours?"

Then I do to them what you see in my sig...

s220179311.jpg

Their reply:

s220179448.jpg

My face once I see theirs:

s220091422.jpg
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say "I'm sorry, I'm just really excited about the new things that I am doing and wanted someone to share it with." Sometimes this feedback can be a good way to check yourself. Are you constantly taking about food, calories, exercising, etc? Even though it might feel like you are just excited and sharing, the person on the other end might want to talk about something else once in awhile. I'm not to say that you are obsessed, I'm just saying that it might be a good time to converse about what's going on in the other person's life.

So, take the feedback you heard from your friend, evaluate if you think it is true or not, and either choose to change or not but don't get hung up on it - it's not worth fretting about!
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    Yes, many people have questioned my motives for eating healthy and loving life.....sounds silly doesn't it? I've come to the conclusion that many people are "obsessed" with some things... if we want to call it that. The people that are questioning you, I bet, are obsessed with something as well. Could be the computer, themselves, their job, friends and famiyl (which is a good one), shopping, snacking...gosh, the lists go on-and-on.

They just don't show the same interests as you. Believe me, one day, they will. Their obsession of eating the wrong things ,or in major quantities, or sitting and watching their movies in excess, and lack of excercise will bring them to their "obsession" of eating healthy and excercising as you and I have chosen.

Life has it's ways of showing us what we need to be "obsessed" in. Sad, that for some of us, many serious diseases (which can be avoided) are what's going to open our eyes.
    I guess it's called a, "wake-up-call".

So, if your obsessed with healthy nutrition, and excercise....join the many people who have the same interests as you.
    We will be here to encourage you all the way.

Have a Healthy Day!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Oooh ....you could say, "I'm not obsessed, I'm in control."

I like that one.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you should post this. Just a while ago I posted the same topic except it was my husband. He was frustrated with me because he thought that I was "obsessed" with my calories and workouts. Since then he has decided to give it a try and he is just as "obsessed" with it as I am. Of course I have to point it out to him every time he says, "do you know have many calories are in......" :wink:
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have been asked the same thing.
    I personally think i'm just very very excited.
    Who wouldn't be?
    You're making a huge change and a HUGELY amazing change at that.
    Don't worry, i agree. They're probably jealous.
    You're doing so great.
    47 pounds, wow
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband (jokingly) think i'm a little obsessed...of course, here I am almost 40 lbs down, so I just let it roll off my back ;)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have recently begun to exercise also. As far as sharing this info I only share it with fellow exercisers generally (our secretary at school is a fellow jogger so we share stories in the morning) or if somewhat asks me outright. Other folks might feel jealous, depressed about not exercising themselves or might think that you are suddenly on some high horse. I never talk about my weight changes unless someone asks me directly. The only other peeps might be my family that I share this with. This reminds me that I am doing this for myself, not for the world.

I have taken this mentality too. I talk about running with other runners, weightloss/diet with only 1-2 people but my food choices are for myself and I only blog/talk about it here. I read an article about a woman that lost a huge amount of weight and she followed what her doctor told her - eat small meals, exercise daily and tell no one what your are doing. I no longer feel disappointed when I don't reach a goal in a certain timeframe because I don't feel that I have to answer to others.
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I reply with "HELL TO THE YES! I like my problems. What's yours?"

Then I do to them what you see in my sig...

s220179311.jpg

Their reply:

s220179448.jpg

My face once I see theirs:

s220091422.jpg

lmao!!! LOOOVE IIIIT :D
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    so wait... are you obsessing about the possibility of being obsessed?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    eat small meals, exercise daily and tell no one what your are doing

Awesome.
  • Brn2blossom
    Brn2blossom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 100lbs and when she was big she had soo many friends, she was a social butterfly. When she lost her weight her friends werent there anymore. They were jealous and felt threatened. When you are living a healy lifestyle and losing weight, people that arent will feel threatned and get rude at times...dont worry bout them, you do you. Let them mind there own business :)
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i'd tell her pretty damned close to what you just told us. i mean its good to obsess about whats right for you.

is she overweight?
    insecure?
    unhappy with her life?
    negative?

Just sayin...
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    People just don't understand because its a healthy choice. When they sit around talking about going to get beer and pizza, or out for burgers its the same thing. Your just talking about healthy choices instead. They are just not used to it so it seems out of the ordinary. When people start talking about new things, others always get that attitude, OH your so obsessed now! You never talked about it before! Well, it wasn't important to me before. Now it is. Next time they want to go out for fatty foods and alcohol tell them they seemed to be so obsessed! HAHA!! Keep up the good work, and try not to let others get to you!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i used to send funny pics of animals n stuff to my friends....now i send them pics of my food with the calories. ....
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend mentioned that the other day - said something about social graces, and how it made people uncomfortable, and made them not take me seriously. I explained that losing weight is really important to me, and occupies a huge portion of my spare mental effort. I have, since then, made an effort not to talk about it so much in public, and only mention it occasionally to my boyfriend....
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You're learning and that is exciting! So you (we) love to tell people about it. Of course it isn't as important to them as it is to us. So I can see where someone may say that. I don't think I would take it as rude.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I thought this of myself at first... but now the novelty has ran off. The way I see it now, is that u kind of have to be obsessed in order for ur mind the remember not to eat those fries or those chips..if I stop obsessing, that's the moment I fail. Today is my 2month anniversary since I've started and I don't even remember the last time I went over cal
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would agree with Sam363. Being healthy, eating healthy, exercising, it's all good, but talking about it all the time can become a nuisance to those around you. Most good friends will humor you for awhile until the newness wears off. I would add....Not knowing you, it's tough to know if you are discussing it too much or they are jealous, only you can decide that. I don't think it's good or healthy to obsess about anything, although it's very accepted in our society to be addicted and obsessed.

I am going through it now with my new puppy, but it will wear off (I hope!!), I find I'm a little less interesting but it's a stage and it's new, so I'm allowing myself to be obsessed with everything cute she does. As far as my fitness, food, cooking.....personally I don't like to discuss it with others, because I like it just to be a way of life for me.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is that unless I do not commit fully.. I will not be able to change my old behavioral patterns & If I want to achieve something I have to go through a learning, excited about & thinking about it all the time phase... before I settle into it being part of who I am. And if people call it being obsessive.. I am alright about it:happy: . This path is about me... not anyone else.. & I do not see how you can learn anything new unless you steep yourself in it:)