Smoothies

Options
Is it possible to have a smoothie (ie skim milk with banana and strawberries) everyday and still lose weight? They are the one breakfast I can actually stomach early in the morning.

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not! Sounds delish and can't be that many calories with skim milk:) Have you tried the unsweetened almond milk? I make a smoothie with that and it's soooo good which reminds me I want one now lol. I add frozen fruit, almond milk and protein powder. The almond milk is only 40 calories for a cup and I usually make myself one after a workout. Best of luck to you:)
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible! I have a shake almost everyday that I workout. I used to do more with fruit but haven't recently. Use almond milk (less calories). That is my suggestion anyway. If you are exercising it can be good for you. I do a scoop of protein powder so I get my protein in as well. Good luck!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine. Fruit and dairy are essential parts of a healthy diet (and women who drink 2+ cups of skim milk have been found to maintain more of a healthy weight than those who don't). As long as you're not putting sugar or cream in it, I don't see any problems.
    You could even beef it up with a bit of protein power or wheat germ. Or have a slice of whole wheat toast along with it. Whole grains and proteins help the food stay in your stomach longer, so you don't get hungry so quickly.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have one 3-4 morning a week (some days I just wake up wanting food lol) but Yes I make mine with trop50 orange juice, frozen fruit, protein powder & ice. As long as its Healthy and withing your calorie goals itll help you lose weight.

THe people who usually arent for it are the ones who NEED to eat something in the morning and eat as well as having their morning smoothie which can easily total over 1000 cals
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have to say yes you can. I have one most every morning. I use the almond milk and add in the carb and protein powder. I'm the same way in the morning.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have a yoplait smoothie for breakfast a couple times a week. And it hasn't hindered my weight loss.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes, I normally make fruit smooties and it only contains 140 calories for 16 ozs. I just use a cup of sunny d with frozen strawberries, mango and pineapple. I'm experimenting with adding whey protein but I have to get use to the taste by adding a little at a tme.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd add a big handful of baby spinach- so good for you and you can't even taste it!
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have mine with strawberries or blackberries and a banana - mix with fat free milk and a couple of scoops of herbalife protien powder drink mix. sometimes I replace 2 meals with it - About 290 calories:) each shake .I've lost 20 lbs in 2 mos. :smile:
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great and add a protein shot to it and good to go. I always have a stock of frozen fruits (pitted cherries and mango chunks are my new thing). Also, try subbing some milk for fat free yogurt (Chobani is great) to up the calories. Breakfast should be your biggest meal where you consume the most calories in order to jump start that metabolism. Good luck!!