Young Professionals?

Options
Melk967
Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
In a couple months I'll hit my first year mark of being out of college. It's interesting adjusting to life outside of it, and I was wondering if anyone else is fresh out of college? I have a few friends in the city I now live in, but I find it hard to meet people. I joined a gym, and I am hoping to meet new people through that. The only thing is that I think people are a lot less friendly and open to meeting others thanks to things like Facebook destroying real life contact with people haha ;) Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is a recent grad, or 20 or early 30 something. Just looking for more support (health and mind wise) :)

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I graduated from graduate school last July, and undergrad the summer before that. Feel free to friend me if you like! :)
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I graduated from undergrad almost exactly a year today. I am currently wrapping up my first year of graduate school. Add me! :)
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate (thought sadly not very recent anymore - 2003 graduation) but I do still class myself as a young(ish!) professional. I remember well the feeling of starting a new grown up phase of my life away from university and feeling VERY daunted by it all. The only thing I can advise is to be yourself and the friendships and social life will follow. Although I am still very close to my girls from uni; some of my best friends have been met post-graduation and usually where I least expected it....

Good luck on your journey :smile: Vx
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back about grad school. I finished undergrad Dec of 2008. Sometimes it can be a pain finding new friends/people to hang with. Alumni groups and social organisations can help with more friends in the local area. If you want another friend on here feel free to add me.
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :) I plan on taking some grad classes starting in August, and then applying for a master's program for the following year. Sounds like grad school is a popular thing right now haha.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I graduated with a master's degree in 2009, but i still haven't found a "professional" job yet. :o( Good luck to you!