NSV - Shopping in "normal" stores :)

Steph1628
Steph1628 Posts: 13
edited 2:12AM in Success Stories
The last time I shopped in a "normal" store, i.e. one that DOESN'T carry plus sizes, was in 1998 when I was a sophomore in high school. Since then, my go to stores are Lane Bryant (WAAAAY over priced) and Old Navy online since they don't carry plus sizes in store.

Well, last night my husband and I were in the mall so I went into New York & Co. Not only did their 18s fit, but they were a bit big! And today I bought an Under Armour jacket :) No more shopping at Lane Bryant for this girl!

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Yay! what a great feeling. So happy for you:happy:
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    That was one of my happiest moments! Now I get the Lane Bryant $15 off $15 in the mail and I go in to buy earrings or necklaces because that's all I CAN now! :-)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    You go girl! And BTW, New York & Co us my fav store! They have tall sizes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I met my goal last week, I have been shopping there like crazy!! Hey, I have to maintain my platinum status!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Great job!! Isn't the selection amazing in the 'regular' sizes? Overwhelming, really.
  • nvkatie78
    nvkatie78 Posts: 49
    wow-- its so funny you said this because i too was a Lane Bryant girl and i hated having to shop there and that i could no longer shop at NY&C anymore, which next to Kohls, is my favorite store. but now, that is a thing of the past-- NY&C all the way!!!! Good for you and keep up the great work!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    lol i dream of closing the doors forever on Lane Bryant, Good for you Chickie!!!!!
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    YAY!!! fantastic NSV!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Yay! So awesome! Im almost there and will be shopping like crazy when I reach it
  • Steph1628
    Thanks guys! Shopping was more exciting then seeing the number on the scale go down!
  • lisac1422
    lisac1422 Posts: 102 Member
    way to go steph!!! love you! keep up the great work!! :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I had the same NSV this week. It was an awesome feeling.

Congratulations!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Congrats!! I can't wait to do that myself. I know you are proud and you should be!
  • Steph1628
    Thanks Lise Love you too!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    What a great feeling!! LOVE the sizes going down...
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!