Self-sabotage? Advice? Encouragement, help?

Options
I had surgery Monday on my shoulder/arm, and have been planning for weeks on how to do well and continue my weight loss while not exercising. I changed my weight loss goals to 1 pound loss per week, so I wouldn't feel like I was starving. But, I just keep doing poorly each day. I start my days out ok, but by lunch, any excuse will have me free for all eating. I have had a couple okay days. But why is it when I know I have to buckle down, I totally mess it up? When I did a biggest loser competition in Jan/Feb, the closer it got towards the end, the more tempted I was to cheat....grrr!! Why??

Since December i have lost 39 pounds and I am really proud. I feel good, and I want to lose more. I am still doing an at home biggest loser competition. My weight loss has slowed dramatically. Dec, Jan and Feb I lost 10 pounds per month. March was 5, then April 4 pounds. I am happy with one pound per week, but know I can do better, but I just keep sabotaging myself. Why? Advice?

My ultimate goal is to feel good. I have another 60 pounds to lose. I love to workout, walk, hike, bike, swim, kickbox, step aerobics etc. I have logged in over 150 days in a row....this is becoming a lifestyle change, but I feel I am slipping, and it's a dangerous slide to go backwards....

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I had shoulder surgery once and have had heart surgery. Your body needs to heal and it takes a little time but your body will be very happy and so will you if you nurture it. Love your heart, love your body. You've been doing great so stop worrying. All of the "pals" are here for you.
    And by the way.....Happy Mother's Day!
  • orangebella
    orangebella Posts: 10
    Options
    I know its hard because you can't work out and have to be at home but try and keep yourself busy and not near the kitchen! I had surgery too a few weeks ago and had to sleep on the couch for a week and since I was right by the fridge I would just munch on food the whole time!!! I know how you feel but just try and stay positive. Go get some fruit like berries to snack on if you are feeling hungry. I think eating just becomes a habit
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is ENOUGH! Keep it up, you will succeed!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I'm just getting going again after a year of injuries and surgical recovery. I'll say the same thing my surgeon and therapist said. Focus on maintaining while you recover. You can get back to losing when you're strong and healthy!
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you. One per week is enough, I am just afraid one will become one half, then one fourth, then nothing, then gain. Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to get back in this mentally!!!