Bridal party ideas?? In two weeks! Austin,tx

Options
ActiveFaith10
ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
my twin sister and I are suppose to plan for our older sister It's be at a house with around 20-30 guests..all pretty down to earth.. Hippy Ish and mid 20s, it'll be in Austin Texas. They mostly all like doing art:) and in about 2 weeks

Awesome ideas?

Replies

• shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Have a contest to see who draw the bride the best! Give out giftcards or something new for art supplies as a gift. Have a blast!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Austin is such a great city, full of art and all that two words Sixth Street. Plus, you can look to see if anything is going on that weekend via google, this weekend would have been perfect with the Pecan St. festival, all about art and stuff happening.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I was recently at a baby shower where they had pre-cut fabric squares and everyone had to write an inspirational quote or advice on the fabric. Then one of the girls sewed the whole thing into a quilt. I thought that was an awesome idea, and it was actually pretty hilarious to read what other people came up with for tips and advice.

They had all kinds of crafty stuff to put on the quilt -- fabric pens and glitter and all kinds of stuff. You could make it a little more hippie-ish by what kinds of (organic) fabrics and materials you put out for people to use.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from my niece's bridal shower, and instead of a "wishing well," she asked her guests to each bring a bottle of wine and made it a wine tasting event. Lots of fun for everyone, but I expect to have a wicked headache when the drunk wears off. :laugh:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I was recently at a baby shower where they had pre-cut fabric squares and everyone had to write an inspirational quote or advice on the fabric. Then one of the girls sewed the whole thing into a quilt. I thought that was an awesome idea, and it was actually pretty hilarious to read what other people came up with for tips and advice.

They had all kinds of crafty stuff to put on the quilt -- fabric pens and glitter and all kinds of stuff. You could make it a little more hippie-ish by what kinds of (organic) fabrics and materials you put out for people to use.

At my bridal shower, the hostese requested a piece of fabric that reminded them of me and my hubby to be. Someone sewed them together and we spent a good part of the shower talking about all of the different squares. It was AWESOME. I'm sitting here with that quilt on my lap right now!