Exercycle and ankle weighs quiery

Options
If I add weights to my ankles whilst on the exercycle what would the benefits be? I feel like I need to be working harder on the exercycle as its an old one and doesnt have much resistance. Would adding weights help? Would it burn fat or bulk me up like the hulk? :)

I am currently doing an hour a day (well have done for 2 days so far! and plan to continue!) if there is little sweat and little breathlessness and I really getting any benefit?

Cheers :)

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your ankle weights question, but when I'm the stationary bike, I do all kinds of things with my arms to help get and keep my heartrate up.
    -LP
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I think the weights would be more effective for things that require you to lift your feet... cycling just rotates them. Either way, unless your ankle weights are 100lbs each, you're not going to 'bulk up' by using them.

It's still effective exercise if you're not entirely breathless, since you're burning calories, but you'll reach a plateau very easily. Try high intensity intervals of 1 minute pedaling as fast as you can on a high resistance, 1 minute pedaling at a lower level, or some other interval that feels doable.