hello

Donna_Counts
Donna_Counts Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined. I know someone who has lost 50 pounds and is below 200 pounds as of yesterday. This has inspired me to try this website. I have lost around 50 pounds in the last 2 years but I can't seem to get passed this weight. I will drop a pound or two then gain one or two I need to get passed this rut. I started a diet 4 weeks ago and I know I've eaten more, and more the bad foods to boot. So no more diet.
I used to workout everyday for at least (the very least) 2 hours a day. I felt so great, looked great and never got winded. But after I lost a child, working out just seemed like a waste of time I could be spending with my kids. Plus people who didn't know would ask where the baby was and I had to talk about it all over again. So now I'm stuck at the weight I was when I had my first child and I need to get healthy; and I can't do it alone. Ok my fingers are crossed and I'm jumping right now.

Replies

• mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Hey. I guess I am jumping in too-have never written a message back to someone I don't know. I wish you luck in your journey! I joined two weeks ago, and can say I love seeing my progress at the end of each day when I calculate my daily totals. It also helps keep me in line when I want to eat something and I know it will throw of my daily calories. Something about seeing the calories really makes you think about it.
    So, I will end with saying I hope you find success!!!! Keep at it and the weight will come off. Better than the pounds are the inches! Things like going into your closet and choosing from what you want to wear verses what you can wear. And when you take time for yourself to exercise, remember, you are staying healthy so you can have more overall time with your kids. Get up twenty minutes earlier and stretch or exercise in ten minute chunks-you need alone time too! :) Good luck!!!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    I joined this site about 5 days ago...I love how I can keep track of what I eat and what I do for a workout. And the support from others is GREAT.....Maybe its time for you...You need to get healthy for yourself and your family,,mostly for YOURSELF.....
  • I'm at a loss for words (which is rare) I want you to know the fact that you don't write strangers but took the time to encourage me is humbling. Thank you and I haven't thought about the inches! Wow how wonderful to have a relationship with my clothes again, I feel inspired.
  • @ Maine mom Thank you. I can already see why this site is so successful, peer support is key. I'm excited.
  • Luvdragonflys4
    Luvdragonflys4 Posts: 8 Member
    I say Be positive, have friends on here to keep you motivated. Good luck you will do great..
  • sent you a message! welcome to a great community!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Donna, this is a group of some of the most loving people anywhere.

This is a place to heal all the wounds you have. Physical, emotional, spiritual. I have been healed of many of my past hurts on this site. It is a supportive place - or they will kick-yer-behind: whichever you ask. :smile:

There are answers here to any problems facing anyone. Many have lost someone close to them. We know the pain you are feeling and you are not alone. Ever.

Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Hello!!!! Pleased to meet you!!! I am new to this website myself, but what i have found is that i love it!!! The social support and common goal comradery is very inspiring to me, and i see the same with all of the folks i have added as friends. If you would like a new friend, you may add me. I have lots of support to give, and am in the same boat, yet for different reasons. Thanks for sharing your story as well, very touching, and good for you, for seeing your need to take care of you! Your other kids do need a healthy momma, If you don't mind me saying :) Congrats on joining us!!!! Connie :flowerforyou:
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Okay all- I am so excited to see all the support on this site! I am pretty much in this by myself, although my husband is very supportive. Supportive, but can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. It is nice to hear all your stories and encouragement! Good night and let tomorrow we great for all of us calorie "watchers" :)
  • No BS ladies I didn't know how I was going to get up and exercise in the morning; now I'm gettin' hungry for change. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.