Open diary

Options
I'm doing something a bit different from the typical MFP-er: generally I'm aiming for between a net 1300-1530 cals for maintenance, with my goal being 1300. My eating patterns are sort of all-over-the-place, so aiming for under calories off-sets those days when I go way over.
However, on an average day, I'll naturally be going into red numbers. I have my diary open for friends to look at, but I wonder if I should close it because it will sort of be misleading, as the red numbers indicate that I'm not meeting my goal when in fact I am.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• RaiTay
    RaiTay Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't see any problem with leaving it.
    If it bother's you maybe you could copy and paste a note into you're diary everyday?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Why not just adjust the settings to 1530 and in your mind remember 1300 is your target number?
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Why not just adjust the settings to 1530 and in your mind remember 1300 is your target number?

For psychological purposes. If I see that I'm in the green and eating under 1530, then I think that I'm starving myself and am tempted to binge (this is a problem for me). But, if I see that I'm in the red and have eaten over 1300, then for some reason my brain is satisfied. Thus, I'm less likely to over-eat. It's worked pretty well so far... my binge episodes have decreased in magnitude.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We all have our little tricks, so do what you need to do. When I run I always tell myself "I will just run to that next tree" and then the next one. If I didn't trick myself into keeping going I would probably run less because I didn't HAVE to run. And I completely agree, when I see those calories still in the green, I often think about what else I can eat, and it usually isn't healthy.