Zumba!!!!

Options
jackeh
jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
I swear you ALL need to take zumba classes.... It was so much fun and such a good workout every muscle in my body is like jello!!!! I keep forgetting to wear my heartrate monitor but um sure i burnt a LOAD of calories just trying to keep up and laughing at myself!!! It was a blast!!!! I am now a ZUMBA enthusiast..... join join join!!!!

Replies

• jackeh
    Options
    I swear you ALL need to take zumba classes.... It was so much fun and such a good workout every muscle in my body is like jello!!!! I keep forgetting to wear my heartrate monitor but um sure i burnt a LOAD of calories just trying to keep up and laughing at myself!!! It was a blast!!!! I am now a ZUMBA enthusiast..... join join join!!!!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG.. I am a frickin' ZUMBA FREAK...

While I look totally ridiculous doing it, I absolutely love it... it's funa AND a good workout... last Thurs during my class I burned 550 calories... that's pretty darn good for just dancin!! It's almost as much as my step class... I think once I figure out all the moves it will go even higher...

I am SO NOT COORDINATED, but I don't care.. it's just too much fun.. I hope that someday I'll be able to 'shake it' like some of the other girls in my class... :bigsmile:

I'm thinking about buying a tape or two so I can practice some of the moves in my house and get a little better with the steps...
  • babycakes17
    Options
    They started offering ZUMBA at my gym a couple of months ago...and I AGREE!!! It's an hour short (!) and it goes by like NOTHING...doesn't even seem like a workout because it is so much FUN!!!

If you like Latin types of dances like Cumbias, Merengues, Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, etc (sometimes a little bit of belly dancing and some modern funk)...you will totally enjoy ZUMBA!!! I swear you won't even think twice about going again and again and again...you'll be hooked!!!

I too am an addict!!! I LOVE ZUMBA!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    it is most certainly addictive! i am a zumbaholic.!!

im starting to think we should have our own group there are so many Zumbees now!!

So how long have you guys been addicted to zumba? i am going on 6 months and have barely ever missed any of the mwf classes!

Give it up for Zumba fitness...makes you feel confidence in your body even if you have no rhythm! so much fun!
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD's !!!! Love, Love, Love, love it (did I mention that I love it) My kids try to do it with me, which is sometimes and little stressful as the little one wants to be right under my feet, but they are moving too and seeing me move makes my heart smile. :happy:

I agree with the fact that it does not feel like a long workout at all. The weather has been so nice here this past week that I have been walking & biking, but I'm actually looking forward to a yucky day, just so I can Zumba--

Have any of you ever taken a Nia class? A friend took me once and I really loved that too (I'm going to get a gym membership once I reach a yet to be determined goal weight)--aka I have to prove to my hubs that I am going to stick with my program long enough to make joining the gym worth while
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    ok yall wanna hear something funny?

today i was stretching before zumba, when my instructor came in. She was wearing the EXACT SAME wokout clothes as me. we lauuuughed and then took a picture.
    how hilarious. Its even funnier because my 'spot' in our mwf class is right beside of her. it was great!
    pic to come
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna sound like a total dweeb here but....what is Zumba?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    menfran-1.jpg
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    it's alright mars...no one really knows what zumba is til they go to a class!

for me, zumba is the thing that got me LOVING exercise.

it is latin dance based aerobics,
    where you can express yourself,
    choose your level of workout
    burn a TON of calories while an hour FLIES By!

try looking it up on youtube..im sure there are videos!
  • marskids
    Options
    It sounds fun.
  • marskids
    Options
    Hey Sparkles,
    The picture is priceless. Too funny that happened
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    looking GREAT, sparkles! and too funny about wearing the same outfit haha
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    just thought i would post this pic so you guys can see the folks who come to my class!
    class1.jpg
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    They had a sample Zumba class at the Y today and it was tons of fun. I felt a little goofy doing some of the moves (like pelvic thrusts and chest shimmies :blushing: ) but everyone was in the same boat because none of us had done it before - so people were laughing but it was still a blast.

I love that there are guys in your class. There were a couple there today but one gave up about halfway through. The teacher didn't really do much in the way of instruction, so it was kinda hard to just watch and try to figure out what the heck she was doing. They are going to start offering the class on Saturday mornings in September...so I'll have to see if I can get my butt out of the house on a weekend... :yawn:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Alright. That's it! I have got to try this Zumba thing out. You guys make it sound like so much fun!
  • jackeh
    Options
    so much fun i jsut got back from a class now.....

and love the matching outfits Em lol thats too funny!!!!

:heart:
    jackie
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is sooooooooo much fun. I got a little fix tonight by doing the 20 min quick video and when it was over I was disappointed so I looked at the clock and thought, what the heck I'll do the Ab workout so 20 minutes of standing ab workout and I feel great!!!

They offer live classes in my area, however it doesn't work with my schedule (I'd have to go to work without a shower, and as any of you who have done Zumba know--that is NOT an option) I have so much fun in my living room I can't begin to imagine how much fun it would be to go to a live class (maybe I'll have to take a vacation day and go--teehee)