is it safe to take a short nap after exercising?

Options
I have noticed that every since i joined a health club and have been exercising a lot, I am very tired after my workout.

I was wondering if taking a 1/2-1 hour nap after exercising will cause me to not lose weight, because my heart rate will start to go down and stuff faster than if I stayed awake. i don't want to screw up anything with me losing weight, since I am trying so hard to get rid of this weight.

Jessie

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's actually beneficial to nap (timing doesn't matter, I don't think). Your body wants to recover, so let it.

I resist naps after exercise when I have class immediately after. It just makes me crave sugar and caffeine to keep me awake.
  • Jtaime
    Jtaime Posts: 12
    Options
    as long as your not still on the treadmill i dont see a problem with it ^_^
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    i take naps almost daily (due to the hubby and i working opposite schedules) and im not worried... i enjoy it :)
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    If I could take a small nap after I workout, I would be in heaven. I always get better results when I do this.
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    Thanks for easing my mind. I had heard somewhere that you defeat your workout if you take a nap aftwewards, so I was a wee bit worried.

Jessie
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    nope.

i work third shift..and i workout right after work..after that i come home and go right to sleep.

no problem when i was losing weight

if you do cardio..all the benefits from said cardio workout you already got during the workout..and it stops as soon as you stop working out. if you lift weights...heavy weights your body temporarily will burn a tad more bit of cals throughout the day..24 hr period usually. but if you sleep, it just helps as your muscles need rest to recover and get stronger.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    as long as your not still on the treadmill i dont see a problem with it ^_^

LOL!