food help

Options
i need help i am having a hard time figuring out what is good for me. i fight with my food all the time. i dont want to cut out stuff i like i just need help with what is good and what is not. i need more meals that r healthy.. i just count calories but i need more backround.. i spend so much time as the store reading labels and i am lost.. please help. i need it so much.. btw i dont do weight loss products (like anything from vitiman world). thanks

Replies

• bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    Theres a great book called "cook this, not that 350 calorie meals" i just recently bought it and its filled with good balanced nutritional foods that are low in cals but will fill you up! ive tried 2 of the meals thus far and they are meals i would have never thought to try till now and they are AMAZING!!! the guy who wrote the book goes by the motto, "if it can go bad, its good for you. if it cant go bad, its bad for you" he says there are very few foods that are good for you that you can find in the aisles at any grocery store... hopefully that helps in your food choices and maybe when i have some free time i can share some recipe from the book!
  • coakes31
    coakes31 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods do you like and dont like?
    What have you been eating for meals?
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Just stick to the basics.... meats, fruits, veggies, cheese.... nothing that comes in a box or pre-prepared.

Here's a great link to recipes and a menu planner if your interested!! Good luck

http://allrecipes.com/features/Menu-Planner-1.aspx
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I found making small transitions in the way I eat the easiest way to make a change for life. Focus on "eating clean" - lean meats, fruits, veggies, and whole grain products; avoid processed foods.

I followed an 8-week transition that helped me make those small changes into better eating habits that will last a lifetime. It's not a diet and there are no supplements - it's just making healthier food choices while still allowing yourself a "cheat" here and there. I never feel deprived or hungry.

It's the best thing I've ever done! And it helped me to lose 28 pounds and keep it off.