Maximum rate of loosing weight

Options
Hi all,

Is there a maximum speed of loosing weight?
Like a health related boundary?

I'm absolutely no starving myself, there is no single moment of the day that i'm hungry but i'm still loosing circa 2.8lbs per week while my goal is only 1.5 lbs per week.

Can this be unhealthy ?

Thanks for the info.

-R

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    it varies. sex, age, pre-exsisting health conditions, what your current weight is and how much you have to lose. other factors too that I'm likely forgetting
  • TVanD
    TVanD Posts: 9
    Options
    the experts say 1 lb per week because if you lose it slowly the chances of actually keeping it off are greater due to you changing your lifestyle and not just going on a "fad diet". If you are losing more than that and are unhappy with this try increasing your fat intake a bit to slow the weight loss. I agree that you don;t want to lose to quickly but congrats on the losses anyways.
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Im sure it must be down to metabolism as well because I am working out every day, sometimes twice and sticking to my calories and the weight loss is soooo slow.:smile:
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 2 pounds a week so far, which I'm happy with.

Gym 5 times a week and under my calorie goal.

Everyone is different!
  • DenUil
    DenUil Posts: 6
    Options
    So far I sport around 3-4 times a week. The calories i burn i could eat, but i'm never hungry enough. It feels like my stomach has shrunk.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I frequently read that 2#/week is a healthy rate of loss. However, for those that are very obese they can lose at a much higher rate. From June through December of last year I averaged a loss of 20lbs per month.