Real eye opener

Options
OK so today I had a real eye opener, I was getting ready to settle down for the night and my kids heard a knock at the door we never have guests this late so we were like who is it, thinking the worst cops or something, but it wasen't it was what I would call even worse, it was my next door neighbor coming by to tell us her husband had just past away from a heart attack about 9 hours ago.. Boy did I lose it, she only speaks spanish so I had to translate for my husband. He was in his late 50 early 60's he had a heart attack while at work. This is so sad, they had no kids together she knows no one here. The closest relatives in in Pennslyvania. He has 2 kids that live in Los Angeles. As soon as she walked out of our house I looked at my husband crying and said you are never guarenteed tomorrow that why I am getting healthy TODAY. I have been on here for about a week but really started to cut back on eating junk food about 3 weeks ago and I am down ten pounds. This is truly an eye opener, I still have lots of life left and I need no I WILL be heathly for my kids!!!!!!! Thanks for listening everyone.

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    OK so today I had a real eye opener, I was getting ready to settle down for the night and my kids heard a knock at the door we never have guests this late so we were like who is it, thinking the worst cops or something, but it wasen't it was what I would call even worse, it was my next door neighbor coming by to tell us her husband had just past away from a heart attack about 9 hours ago.. Boy did I lose it, she only speaks spanish so I had to translate for my husband. He was in his late 50 early 60's he had a heart attack while at work. This is so sad, they had no kids together she knows no one here. The closest relatives in in Pennslyvania. He has 2 kids that live in Los Angeles. As soon as she walked out of our house I looked at my husband crying and said you are never guarenteed tomorrow that why I am getting healthy TODAY. I have been on here for about a week but really started to cut back on eating junk food about 3 weeks ago and I am down ten pounds. This is truly an eye opener, I still have lots of life left and I need no I WILL be heathly for my kids!!!!!!! Thanks for listening everyone.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Awww *hugs*

It is so important to make the most of our lives, and be healthy so we can enjoy it!

Congrats on being 10 pounds down.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's so sad. It's good that you can turn something tragic into a positive by realizing the need to start taking better care of yourself though. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your weight loss. :flowerforyou: