Torn tendon exercise

Options
I am still in my first week, which started so motivated, and I have torn a tendon in my heel, motivation seemed to plummet. It is extremely painful just to walk on, any suggestions on exercises I can do? I am not to the stage that I could run, walking is my limit, but now thats even overly painful. Im a little lost so any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a pool, swimming is a great all over workout. And I have a pretty long standing issue with my ankle and cannot run either, but I have found a recumbent bicycle helped me work up to riding a regular bike. And finally, although I have no idea how many calories per hour it burns, I start gym workouts where I will be on the recumbent with the rowing machine.
    Any other suggestions out there?
  • robowaz
    robowaz Posts: 1
    Options
    I've torn a tendon in my heel too (peroneus longus and due for surgery this Friday to sort it) and would recommend trying to rest your foot completely. On recommendation I'm not running or cycling and am keeping walking to a minimum with plenty of ice and ibuprofen for the pain. To keep active I've been focussing on more core exercises such as press-ups, sit -ups. Also been doing lots of calf stretches as tight calves can make you more susceptible to such injuries. Hope you're feeling better soon!