GGGRRRR!!!

PositiveMummy
PositiveMummy Posts: 56
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone

My fiance is really winding me up - basically on my scales my weight displays as 167.4 lbs. My start weight was 179.6, which means i've lost 12.2 lbs right? Well he's saying I'm wrong because I'm not weighing myself in the 'uk' way and that american weight is different and blah blah blah!! But my scales say 167.4lbs, NOT 167lbs 4oz, cos thats not even the same is it??!!! He's making out I'm trying to say 167lbs and 4oz but im not, and i know the .4 isnt ounces!!! He's driving me crazy!!! And now I'm panicking that by saying I need to lose 1.8 lbs Im wrong???

Please note - I'm pre menstrual and have a tired grumpy toddler who wont have a nap, and a 4 month old baby hiccuping like crazy trying to eat my arm as I type.. so better go, before I explode!!! But thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    It's pounds, not ounces. If it were ounces there'd be enough "room" on the scale for it to go (on the right side of the period) up to 16.. as there are 16 ounces in a pound.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    I guess I don't understand the difference in UK and USA weighing system. But if the scale says -12, how is it wrong? You're using the same scale as when you started, right? Do you use the pound system or something else, Kg?
  • Yeah I use pounds, not kg - and use the same scales all the time since I started.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Well then I think he's talking out of his behind. =)
    You've lost 12 pounds!! Amazing, keep it up!
    You can add me if you would like!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    you are right! men ay!
  • mvanwey
    mvanwey Posts: 5
    16oz =1 lb
    2.2lb=1kg
    and you fiance is wrong! you are right! doesnt that sound nice by the way!!
    great job on the weightloss!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Regardless, 12 pounds is 12 pounds, and if you've been using the same scale the whole way through, then it's 12.whatever pounds that you've lost! :)
  • Oh I do love to hear that I'm right! haha thanks everyone :-) I think it was just a misunderstanding, and we confused each other! He thought I was trying to say I'd lost 12lb 2oz by saying "I've lost 12.2 lbs" - erm no I was saying "I've lost 12.2 lbs" !! LOL... he's also in grand prix mode, so I wouldn't get any sense out of him anyway :-) cheers everyone x
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Okay, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I've been living in the UK for nearly 5 months now and they don't use pounds - they use STONES. 167.4 means you're a little less than 167 and a half pounds. 1 pound = 0.0714285714 stone so you'd be 11.9571 stone.

In the UK they are tring to get us to use KG but I won't as I have always used stone, pounds and ounces, all a stone is is 14lb so its not too confusing. Gong back to the original point I think your BF just winding you up as it don't matter what country you weigh yourself you will still be the same weight.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Big time congratulations on your weight loss WHATEVER system you want to use. ;-)

.5 pounds = 1/2 American pound or 8 ounces
    .25 pounds = 1/4 American pound or 4 ounces
    .75 pounds = 3/4 American pound or 12 ounces
  • Thank yooouuu!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) xxx
This discussion has been closed.