And another newbie joins MFP. :)

Options
ohgeez10
ohgeez10 Posts: 4 Member
Yesterday, I realized that in order for me to get to my desired goal, I'm going to have to keep a journal of all the food I eat throughout the day and see what's really going on with my diet. As I started to look at the labels and write things down, I started to feel like this was going to be a task that I wouldn't be able to keep. So, I got on my android phone and looked though the app market and found about a half dozen "calorie counting" apps. I installed all of them and within an hour, myfitnesspal was the BEST APP out there so I un-installed everything else.

I used to work for Ballys, as a sales rep and fitness instructor, back in my college days so I'm not new to working out and eating right.

My "feel good" weight is right around 195. I now fluctuate between 210-215. Although i work out 5 days a week and eat right about 90% of the time, dropping these 15-20 pounds has been almost impossible so I decided that having a food log/journal would help me fine tune my diet and see what i'm doing wrong.

My results from yesterdays entry showed me that I do need to do some tweaking and this app on my phone is just an EASY and AWESOME way to record everything.

Well, enough of me already. I hope to be able to provide some help/advice to this wonderful forum as well as receive some. :)

Thanks for reading.

Orlando

Replies

• SurlyGirly
    SurlyGirly Posts: 5
    Options
    An expert--awesome! Indeed, this is a great app. I don't know why I didn't stick with it the first time around last year. Best wishes on meeting your goals!
  • SarahSmile77
    Options
    from one newbie to another, welcome!!
  • caitie88
    caitie88 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'd probably have given up by now if it wasn't for MFP... the iphone app is amazing especially if you cant get to a computer. I have no excuses in not logging since I go no where without my phone. Welcome aboard.