Need a great Program for Belly Fat!

mkcalderon
mkcalderon Posts: 9
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I am currently alternating between Zumba and TurboFire once a day and I seemed to have slimmed down everywhere EXCEPT my stomach. I do have two children and my boyfriend keeps telling me it's not fat it's just excess skin BUT I don't want surgery! Anyone else suffer from this issue and had great success ridding of the horrible pouch?!

Replies

• Hey, I used to be a personal trainer and spinning instructure till a knee injury and then huge weight again... but I think I still remember a thing or two :-) I am now studying biomedical science so maybe I could be of some assistance?

If the case is that it is not just skin, it is safe to say the last little bit of fat is usually the most difficult to loose. It is usually lost with a calorie controlled diet where carbs are not had after 5pm and lots of green vegs and a lot of very lean protein. Then you want to increase your strength training (every second day, e.g. mon, wed, fri) and not just for your abs (three sets 8-12 reps)... it's will make your metabolism faster. As for cardio (4-6days a week at mostly high intensity), try running interval training, stepping, rowing, cardio kickboxing or spinning. but which ever you choose make sure you hold your tummy core muscles in tight when you do it.

That should work and do so rather quickly. If not then it might be extra skin that needs to be removed.

Hope that helps.
    X o x o
  • mkcalderon
    mkcalderon Posts: 9
    Thanks! I'm on it!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Hey, I used to be a personal trainer and spinning instructure till a knee injury and then huge weight again... but I think I still remember a thing or two :-) I am now studying biomedical science so maybe I could be of some assistance?

If the case is that it is not just skin, it is safe to say the last little bit of fat is usually the most difficult to loose. It is usually lost with a calorie controlled diet where carbs are not had after 5pm and lots of green vegs and a lot of very lean protein. Then you want to increase your strength training (every second day, e.g. mon, wed, fri) and not just for your abs (three sets 8-12 reps)... it's will make your metabolism faster. As for cardio (4-6days a week at mostly high intensity), try running interval training, stepping, rowing, cardio kickboxing or spinning. but which ever you choose make sure you hold your tummy core muscles in tight when you do it.

That should work and do so rather quickly. If not then it might be extra skin that needs to be removed.

Hope that helps.
    X o x o

Awesome tips! Totally agree! Great abs start in the kitchen!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Bumping for future - great advice. Hoping to work towards that once I drop another 30lbs.
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Caloric deficit.

There is no such thing as spot-reduction in fat loss. You always lose fat on your extremities before your stomach/chest. That is, if you store fat in your stomach chest.
This discussion has been closed.