New from Adelaide!

Options
popchex
popchex Posts: 52 Member
Hey all, I swear I posted an intro last week, but I don't see it, so maybe not. lol In short, looking for new friends on this journey!

Long form:
I'm Renee, 35, SAHM of two young boys, and just getting back into the swing of things now that my youngest is getting old enough to leave to his own devices (with his big brother) for a while. :)

I'm originally from Chicago, IL, but now live in Adelaide, South Australia, and love it. Completely.
In the past I lost 52lbs/25ish kgs with WW, but that was when I was younger, single, gainfully employed (which meant I could afford a gym) and childless! Then I moved here, where I couldn't work, couldn't afford a gym membership, couldn't find any of the foods I used to eat (ground turkey and black beans were staples)... Not to mention breastfeeding (and/or being pregnant) for the past five years really screwed up my metabolism and activity levels.

Anyway - I'm excited and very motivated at the moment, and was glad to be pointed here by a friend. Nice to "meet" you all! :)

Replies

• Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi im from wiltshire add me if u like ive lost 33lbs so far got another 9lbs to go 4 my target weight ...MFP is wonderful really works for me!!:flowerforyou:
  • doyouknowthisface
    Options
    Hello am new on here too an looking for support I will support you on your journey :smile:
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    hi im from wiltshire add me if u like ive lost 33lbs so far got another 9lbs to go 4 my target weight ...MFP is wonderful really works for me!!:flowerforyou:

That's fantastic! I can't wait to be close to goal. I have a LOT of weight to lose...about 70lbs! Way more than I've ever had to before. (Can I blame the kids? Lol)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new Adelaide resident but I'm somewhat new to this site :)
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee,

Im Mel, live in Adelaide and just came back to this site 2 weeks ago. Looking to lost 15- 20kg and Ive just started the C25k program which is doing wonders :)

Feel free to add me :) I really need some friends that can chat with about progress, ideas etc. Always good to have supportive people that can give you a push when you need it.
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Hi - I am from Adelaide - Please feel free to add me for support :flowerforyou:
  • benzzito
    Options
    Hey , I like having friends from around the world. I am from Cameroon , Africa but I live in the USA. Feel free to add me.