New Here 2

stacystar
stacystar Posts: 175 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have to admit, I did not understand everything this site has to offer when I signed up. I came here because I wanted the little tracker for my blog--I started blogging my weight loss efforts there about 7 weeks ago. When I saw the tracker I thought "hey that's cool." So I added it. Now I have started to play around here a bit and WOW--it is wonderful. Something that I have been looking for. We can use all the support that we can on this journey. Positive Motivation in an organized form. Perfect.

Since starting 7 weeks ago, I've dropped 11 pounds--and even though I know slow is the way to go, somedays I want to see faster results. I need help remembering that it's the micro movements that equal change to the big picture. Some times I just get itchy--and want it faster. I was just about to join one of those spendy support/weight loss groups when I started poking more around here--I'm going to hold off on forking over the bucks and see how this works for me for a while. I'm babbling so I'm going to end and say, I can't wait to help others on this journey--we are all in this together.

Replies

• stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    I have to admit, I did not understand everything this site has to offer when I signed up. I came here because I wanted the little tracker for my blog--I started blogging my weight loss efforts there about 7 weeks ago. When I saw the tracker I thought "hey that's cool." So I added it. Now I have started to play around here a bit and WOW--it is wonderful. Something that I have been looking for. We can use all the support that we can on this journey. Positive Motivation in an organized form. Perfect.

Since starting 7 weeks ago, I've dropped 11 pounds--and even though I know slow is the way to go, somedays I want to see faster results. I need help remembering that it's the micro movements that equal change to the big picture. Some times I just get itchy--and want it faster. I was just about to join one of those spendy support/weight loss groups when I started poking more around here--I'm going to hold off on forking over the bucks and see how this works for me for a while. I'm babbling so I'm going to end and say, I can't wait to help others on this journey--we are all in this together.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Stacy. Glad to have you join us:bigsmile:
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    WELCOME! :flowerforyou:
    good luck :happy:
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Welcome....11lbs in 7 weeks is still awesome! I am waiting to hit a plateau (knock on wood) because I have yet to hit one...some of the people here have been plateau 2-3 months at the same weight. So anyway, slow but sure, don't get discouraged!! Your doing great!
  • DrAlex08
    DrAlex08 Posts: 15
    Welcome! I know how it is to want to see quicker results. I'm that way myself some times but it does't always happen that way. Just keep up the good work and you will continue to have great results.

Congrats on the 11lbs GONE!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Wow, what a huge accomplishment, Stacy! Way to go, and WELCOME :heart:
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Welcome aboard Stacy. Don't be a stranger....we are here if you need us!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    11 lbs is awesome! Congrats! I just joined the site today and so far LOVE IT! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.