Any single people left in the world?!

Options

Replies

• kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Oh baby, I understand. You are wonderful and beautiful. But it is frustrating to say the least. Try being 38, men don't want older women, they want younger ones. I have a friend that will look at a woman 15 years his junior but would not think of dating someone even a year older than he and I don’t think that this is uncommon or they are just out for a piece of *kitten* and don’t want a relationship (mind you not my *kitten*, it still needs more shape, but other peoples). Oh and add kids in the mix and it is all over. I wish I had some good advice, but alas non-exists..keep looking....remember you are amazing Hang in there; I know it can be lonely. Marriage is wonderful, I loved almost every moment of it, but it can be intensely painful as well.

**Disclaimer, I in no way meant to offend any man in this posting, please forgive me if I did, it was not done in malice and as we know all the MFP guys are of course top notch…love you all
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. All of my friends are married with kids. The closest of them just had their baby on St. Patricks Day this year and now its just me. It's funny I was just having this conversation with my neighbor the other day.

Right now I'm just focusing on MY goals and don't worry about it. If its going to happen it will happen.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Another single person here! Single, but content. Yeah, I have blah days when I think of family and friends who are married, but I'd rather learn to be content with myself first and when the right lady comes along everything will fall into place.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm single too at 65 but it's ok although I would like to have that special someone there are times when I enoy being alone and not hearing "what's for dinner", "what did you do all day", "have you done the laundry yet", and "where are you going" or where have you been and what were you doing and with who". I also observe many people around me who are in relationships and marriage and I hear a lot of grumbling, ranting, and discontentment. Of course there are a lot of people with really great relationships too.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you're in your 40s. A load of us are suddenly single again :tongue:

After 18 years of pure hell, I'm tickled to be single. Not her fault by the way, she had issues. I pray for her.

My friends told me not to marry her too. Did I listen noooooooooooooooooooooooo. From now on I'm following the outline from "Failure To Launch". That is I want the nod from my friends.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm single but I'm just 20. I actually just got out of a year and a half relationship though, so I don't mind being single and not feeling tied down for the time being.
  • louwho36
    louwho36 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 36 and still single. All of my friends are married, engaged, living together or dating so I sometimes feel like the 3rd wheel. Then I get a phone call and someones upset because they just had a horrible fight or they want to go out and can't because their significant other won't let them. That's when I raise my hands to the sky and say thank you god for allowing me the freedom from drama. I don't answer to anyone but me and I like it that way.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Single as well! It is lonely sometimes but what I do like about it is that I don't have to sacrifice my goals and what I want for someone else. It's really allowed me to do exactly what I needed and wanted to do which is to focus on myself. I don't think I'd have enough time or freedom to focus so much on my health and fitness if I were in a relationship so maybe it's true that everything happens for a reason. Either way, try not to stress about it. You are beautiful and I'm sure your "someone" will come along when you least expect it!
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    Single and most of the time I hate it but hey summers rich around the corner so I am just going to relax focus on myself and just have fun with no pressure :-)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have one sibling,a brother who escaped the farm for college the year I graduated from high school (1982) and ended up getting married in 1986.
    At his wedding reception the pastors wife told me it was my job now to take care of my parents,both of whom were infirmed and unable to take care of themselves at that point.
    I shrugged it off with a smile but it turned out to be almost a curse so am still single having had to deal with that all of adult life.
    Mom passed away a month ago so now trying to figure out where life is going to go.

</sob story>
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Not alone! I think it is a little different for those like me, I was married from the ages of 19-28. I have children also so I don't have time to worry about feeling lonely. Right now it's ok also because I am focused on me and losing weight. I can't imagine tossing a relationship in the mix lol.

Your time will come, and you will make a smarter decision than I did because you have had time to think about what is important to you!!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Try being 44, single and living in a foreign country. :flowerforyou:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Not at all. There are obviously a lot of people in the same place you are and there are a lot of us who have been in your shoes in the past. I can vividly remember feeling what you are feeling right now. All I can say to everyone is, don't give up. Be open, be honest and be true to yourself and you will find someone or something that gives you fulfillment.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    ...single again here... I will be at a place where I enjoy it, but not there yet:) I do think it is better to be single than a couple that is unhappy. Take the time to love yourself! There is plenty of time to love someone else...never enuff time for urself.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    On my 4th marriage. I guess I just don't like to be single.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I too am single.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    single here too ! Don't hate it ALL the time, just sometimes :wink:
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm single too - and much older than most of you! (smile). I agree with the other comments on here - there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with you. I'm single because it's a good thing to be picky. I deserve the *best*, I'm worth it, and I'll wait for "the one" rather than "settle" for something else. Good luck to you.

I'm with you! I'm 27, single and totally fine waiting to meet the right person rather than settling because I feel pressure. My parents didn't get married until they were 35 and 29 and they've been married for 30 years this August. I aspire to have a relationship like theirs (they are best friends, rarely argue and NEVER fight) and am willing to wait for it. I have realized, recently, that when I lower my standards for the sole purpose of being with someone rather than being alone, I tend to nit-pick the small things because I know they aren't right for me in the big picture. I'd rather be single and happy than be unhappy with *someone*. Single doesn't have to be a stigma, it means you have options! :flowerforyou:
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I have one sibling,a brother who escaped the farm for college the year I graduated from high school (1982) and ended up getting married in 1986.
    At his wedding reception the pastors wife told me it was my job now to take care of my parents,both of whom were infirmed and unable to take care of themselves at that point.
    I shrugged it off with a smile but it turned out to be almost a curse so am still single having had to deal with that all of adult life.
    Mom passed away a month ago so now trying to figure out where life is going to go.

</sob story>

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. She's always with you in your memories. Good luck figuring things out. I hope you can see it as an opportunity rather than a setback.
  • Thebeezknees
    Options
    I am as well, and am the only single girl out of my group of friends. I struggle with loneliness and the frustration of it all too. I'm divorced, with a six year old and am very gun shy about dating and getting hurt. I never get invited to couples dinners, or camping trips since I'm always the fifth wheel. Hang in there, it will get better