Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have a PolarFT4 and love it. I got it at a Sporting Goods Store for around $100. Eventually, I want to bump up to one with a GPS because I run a ton outside.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Can the user change the battery on the f4 and f7 or do you have to have someone else do it?
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I bought a Timex originally trying not to spend too much and when it came I realized it didn't count calories burned which is part of what I wanted. I returned it and got the Polar FT4 and love it!

Which Timex did you have? I just order the Timex T5G971. I hope it counts calories.
  • muggle311
    muggle311 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have a polar F6 it won't detect anyone else's heart rate if you are in a class some of the others do like the F4 so make sure of that. I love it -has the chest strap but you do need that and it is accurate. Mine happens to be for men but I don't care I can read it easily however it is black and not one of the colors they have for the women. They are getting better about being able to read them and they have a few more bells and whistles---I paid $90 for it at a local store. It is a chunk of change but it has also worked for almost 3 years on the battery, It is a great tool it tells me calories, heart rate keeps a running file of what I have done. It does not hook up to any program on line though. My Garmin and My Omron Pedometer do that. I love my tools you can sometimes get these at QVC or somewhere like that also for payments it helps the pocketbook that is how I got my Garmin!
    I love all of my gadgets and they are well worth the dollars.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I consider it a must have. It provides motivation for me and a way to see how much effort I am actually expending. I started with the Polar RS300 and now have th RS800CX. I got the new one to be able to view the beat to beat heart rate recording and the comparability with the polar Pro software package. When biking I also use my iPhone and the free Runkeeper app which uses the built in GPS to map your ride and record your workout. Probably the most important aspect is a much better estimate of your calorie burn. The one size fits all numbers on here and other sites are way off for me at least. You can certainly get by fairly cheaply but get one with a chest strap sensor. The others generally don't provide continuous heart rate tracking.
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that's the same model of Timex I returned.
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Which Timex did you have? I just order the Timex T5G971. I hope it counts calories.

I'm pretty sure that's the same one I returned.