Best Gungry Girl 300 under 300 recipes?

Options
BeckyKSmith
BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
I just got my new Hungry Girl 300 under 300 cookbook and it looks AWESOME. It was only $12 on amazon. I don't know where to start with recipes. Does anyone have any "tried and true" recipes in there before I go and buy groceries for something not so good.
I am especially curious with the tofu shirataki noodles and wonton wrappers. Oh, and laughing cow cheese. I'd like to know which recipes with those are good.
Thank you for your help!
Becky

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i've heard the shirataki noodles are...well, gross. i've never tried them though.

in terms of laughing cow cheeses - make an egg mug! they're fabulous! i pair them with a Pepperidge Farm deli flat and some veggie sausage patties for a fake egg McMuffin!
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, don't know if this is much help, I have not tried any of the recipes out to the book, but I get the newsletter during the week (the various newsletters) and the laughing cow cheese, is SOOO good, and I use it on many things, now..I have not tried to make a "warm" item out of it, but am very curious how they turn out (she has recipes with LC as the only cheese, and its baked, or like a grilled cheese) so I would love to hear of those that have tried the recipes as well..
  • french_italian_hottie
    Options
    I have tried the tofu shirataki noodles when I tried Doctor Poon's diet. Not sure if you ever heard of that diet. I have two packs in my fridge because i can't stomach them. When you first open them, they smell fishy.....rinse them very well. They are not so bad once cooked but i just couldn't get over the original smell. I bought the noodles at one of the offices which Dr. Poon's clinic works out of, you might have a hard time finding the noodles in normal stores.

Good luck.
  • AuntRedRobi
    AuntRedRobi Posts: 14
    Options
    I have the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 book, so can't help you with that but am a HUGE fan of all the Laughing Cow cheeses. Yes, I am a cheesy girl!!! I'd love to know what recipes everyone falls in love with!

Robin
  • AuntRedRobi
    AuntRedRobi Posts: 14
    Options
    LC in place of cream cheese on a bagle/toast or on a grilled cheese sandwich is wonderful!!!!