NSV - So excited!

Options
In December I broke my leg in 4 places and was pretty limited to the couch and the office for 4 months, when the cast was removed and the PT started it was slooow going, relearning how to walk and actually be able to walk more than a few minutes at a time. Although these past 2 weeks since I started exercising I've been able to do lots including stair stepper, elliptical and rowing I haven't really tried to walk for exercise and since my gym is closed today and I need to get out and get some exercise I walked and walked and walked...

5 miles!! Not only did I walk 5 miles of hills but I did that with a 25-lb load, ie my 2 1/2 year old on my back..and now I am off to a dance class for some more cardio.

5 months ago the thought of walking again seemed impossible, now I've lost 6 lbs in the past week and I walked 5 miles today!

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    incredible progress!

Keep up the good work, you'll be telling us about a half marathon next :happy:
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    That's amazing.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wow...the physical progress is even better than 6 lbs in a week! Congratulations!!!
  • aehealey
    aehealey Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I might just have to make Sundays walking days since my gym is closed on Sundays during the summer. After all those months of walking with crutches today feels great!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    that is awesome. Congrats on your hard work to recover from your broken leg.
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great! I couldn't imagine carrying either of my kids on my back while walking or any other time! What a great achievement :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!