am i eating enough fat?

Options
i know this is an odd question given that obviously before my problem was eating too much fat but now some days i only eat between 12g and 19g fat per day, it is difficult getting more than this as i am on xenical and i only supposed to eat foods that are less than 5g fat per 100g.

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    ill give you an example of mine because i dont know grams.
    i have 3 servings of fat a day.
    half a tablespoon of peanut butter is one fat
    one teaspoon is half a fat
    etc.. and i count up to three a day
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge there is not a specific minimum for fat. Your numbers seem fine, but remember you need fats for many metabolic processes so make sure it is healthy fat.

Just so you know I am starting to question the extreme low fat diets approach more and more. Fat is a convenient thing to cut calories because it has so many per gram, but at the same time it needs to be replaced with something and it usually is replaced in a persons diet with simple carbs. Those are likely more of a problem long term than fat is health wise.

Since you are apparently limited in the fat you can eat because of the xenical, seek to maximize good fats like Omega 3s.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    if you need more fat - ALMONDS
    good proteins, good fats, good tastes :)
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I get most of my fat from nuts. I prefer Planter's Heart Healthy Mix. That has a good mix of polyunsaturated & monounsaturated fats.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to about 135, which means I need around 60g of fat on days I workout