why do i feel so big.....

Options
i haven't gained any lbs according to the scale and my clothes are fitting the same as before, i actually think i even look smaller but for some reason all i can feel is the fat on my back (love handles) and stomach. i admit i haven't been following my eating plan lately but i've been trying to keep it under control most days of the week. i just ended that time of the month and normally after i feel great but now i feel swollen or bloated or something. it started yesterday so i drank a bunch of water to try to flush anything out but feel the same this morning. and now i'm really stressing cuz i have a wedding on saturday and i don't want my dress to be tight

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i haven't gained any lbs according to the scale and my clothes are fitting the same as before, i actually think i even look smaller but for some reason all i can feel is the fat on my back (love handles) and stomach. i admit i haven't been following my eating plan lately but i've been trying to keep it under control most days of the week. i just ended that time of the month and normally after i feel great but now i feel swollen or bloated or something. it started yesterday so i drank a bunch of water to try to flush anything out but feel the same this morning. and now i'm really stressing cuz i have a wedding on saturday and i don't want my dress to be tight
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    How does your sodium intake look? I know that it takes me a couple of days after a crazy weekend filled with "easy" food, or even just one day of fast food, to flush that water weight.

The general consensus is to have 8oz of water per hour for 24-48 hours to lose the bloat and avoid salty foods like the plague. If you have a Wedding this weekend, and you're really not liking the bloaty feeling, follow the water thing the rest of the week, toss in some cranberry juice (try Ocean Spray lite Cranberry or Cran-rasberry. you may even want to dilute it with water. Same effects, fewer calories), and stick with water absed foods like fruits and salads.

That's what I usually do when I have my TOM. Also, stress can add to the factor, so take a walk to clear your head.

:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How does your sodium intake look? I know that it takes me a couple of days after a crazy weekend filled with "easy" food, or even just one day of fast food, to flush that water weight.

The general consensus is to have 8oz of water per hour for 24-48 hours to lose the bloat and avoid salty foods like the plague. If you have a Wedding this weekend, and you're really not liking the bloaty feeling, follow the water thing the rest of the week, toss in some cranberry juice (try Ocean Spray lite Cranberry or Cran-rasberry. you may even want to dilute it with water. Same effects, fewer calories), and stick with water absed foods like fruits and salads.

That's what I usually do when I have my TOM. Also, stress can add to the factor, so take a walk to clear your head.

Best of luck!

This is really great advice I want to tag for later -- thanks, Megan :)

And best of luck, luvchi! :flowerforyou:
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to get overly personal but are you as regular as usual? If not, that causes bloating. I felt awfully bloated last week for that reason. Even my shoes were tight.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to get overly personal but are you as regular as usual? If not, that causes bloating. I felt awfully bloated last week for that reason. Even my shoes were tight.

ACTIVIA!!!
    lemon juice in water
    lots of water.

Funny I look in the mirror one day and say, hey sexy lady. Then very next morning I ask who that fat old lady is looking back at me. Sometimes attitude will trigger old feelings. Or a wedding where all your close friends will be staring at your hot new body!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

This is really great advice I want to tag for later -- thanks, Megan :)

And best of luck, luvchi! :flowerforyou:

Anything to help :flowerforyou:
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options

you may be on to something here, its been off lately. and now all of a sudden i feel like i'm gonna blow up, super irritable, that's not normal for me, must be all that pms stuff is hitting me now for some reason.

UGH what a week!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your suggestions
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Don't let your mind get to you and don't let it get you down! Stay positive! Think about your goal! Don'[t worry about the dress, go and have a great time at your wedding/party, because that is all that you are going to remember.

Do you want to go and have a miserable time? Don't let your weight tell youwhat kind of day your going to have! Go and have a good time and remember the good time!