Quick Nutritious Tasty Snacks??!!

Options
Does anybody have any ideas for Quick Nutritious Tasty Snacks? I was doing fine with carrot/cucumber sticks, cottage cheese, Light Philly, Rice Cakes etc., but it's starting to get a bit repetitive and I find I'm craving junk.

I'm looking for simple food that tastes good. Any ideas? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    Does anybody have any ideas for Quick Nutritious Tasty Snacks? I was doing fine with carrot/cucumber sticks, cottage cheese, Light Philly, Rice Cakes etc., but it's starting to get a bit repetitive and I find I'm craving junk.

I'm looking for simple food that tastes good. Any ideas? :flowerforyou:
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I snack on a small apple or banana, low-fat yogurt, raisins, trail mix and "natural" popcorn when I get the urge to eat junk. The fruit & yogurt seems to help my sugar craving.
  • cmadams
    cmadams Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My friends and I have been having the Quaker Mini Rice Cakes. I never thought in a million years I would eat one of them, and they are surprisingly good. They are very low in calories and fat. The carmel ones taste like Craker Jacks and the chocolate ones taste like chocolate cereal to me. They are great. They even have very small chocolate pieces on them. I have not tried the cheese and Ranch flavored ones.
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options
    rice cakes, very low in everything and they come in all different flavors , my favorite is honey , but they have ones that are sweet and salty for whatever you need, one cake is 50 cal's and when you eat two, it fills you up. there just all around yummy! hope this helps good luck with snack finding,
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My friends and I have been having the Quaker Mini Rice Cakes. I never thought in a million years I would eat one of them, and they are surprisingly good. They are very low in calories and fat. The carmel ones taste like Craker Jacks and the chocolate ones taste like chocolate cereal to me. They are great. They even have very small chocolate pieces on them. I have not tried the cheese and Ranch flavored ones.
    i eat the rice cakes too and they are all good, being a food junkie i have tried them all, the bbq ones are good chip substitute also
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    yeah, i'm eating a good bit of fruit at work (we get it free here, how sweet is that?! :smile: ), but i'm mindful of the calorie/sugar content of fruit.

I found a bag of Roasted Monkey Nuts in Tesco recently actually, and they were yum. I'd only have about 7 or 8 of the kernels and it took time to crack the shells so I wouldn't just eat a handful mindlessly like i would with greasy salted ones.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a whole wheat pita with sheep cheese and organic cherry spread (yum!) Also, Trader Joe's sells Ginger Chips - which are basically dried ginger slivers with a bit of cane sugar coating. They are spicy so I can't eat too much, and low in cals. I can't do rice cakes, traditional chips, or cracker things - I'll keep on eating them (ack!) Fruit, veggies, yogurt (Trader Joe's cream yogurt is the BEST) are good options. Cream of Wheat and Oatmeal are also good in a pinch and filling.

I love me some Trader Joe's! :love: