I've lost 85lbs.

tiggiyy
tiggiyy Posts: 10
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Last September I was just under 255lbs. Today I weigh 166lbs. I couldn't run a block at 255. Now I run 2.5 miles every other day. My fasting blood sugar went from 108 to 82. My cholesterol went from 220 to 119. My triglycerides went from 150 to 50. I was staring diabetes and heart disease square in the face and my doctor basically told me this. So I went to a place called Metabolic Medical Center (they have several locations in SC). I've lost 85lbs in 7 months.

Now that I am at an "ideal" weight, I am trying to maintain that weight and this website and android app are helping me do that. My father has lost 50bs. on this diet and my wife lost 40, her mother lost 60lbs. It works, but the hard part is keeping the weight off. The tools on this website are extremely valuable in helping me do that.

Replies

• AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Hi congratualations on your continued weightloss results! This metabolic center focuses on diet and exercise habits! I love this website because people are so supportive on here! Your a big inspiration to everybody! I hear u that maintaining the weightloss is the hardest part. I was considering a lapband procedure only being because I never feel full! I just think the gastric bypass is just to risky for me. I am about 100 pounds overweight with a 5'2 frame. Keep up the good work!

April
  • mhc90
    mhc90 Posts: 20 Member
    Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.