Workout schedule....

sshap21712
sshap21712 Posts: 139
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
how often should I work out? I've heard (a) everyday; (b) one day on / one day off; or (c) three days on/ one day off? What do you guys do?

Replies

• arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    I do 3 days a week with a rest day in between and a long run or bike on the weekend.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i take two days off per week, usually Wednesday and Friday.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    i hit it everyday but sunday!
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    I usually rest on Wednesdays and Sundays, and workout the rest of the days.
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    I am doing Insanity, which is Monday through Saturday and rest day on Sunday. When I was not doing a specific program, I would do 3 on, one off. That worked well for me, but you have to find what works best for you. When I was stressed from work, I was doing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    I work out really hard at kung fu training three days a week. I try to do at least one more day at home training; however, it never seems to be as intense as at the kwoon. I don't really worry about days off in between because every day is different, anyway, one being a full body boot camp kind of day.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I do 5 days a week, Tues and Fri off, as I just don't have any child free time those days.
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    I typically work out Sun-Thurs. I sometimes fit in an extra outdoor workout on the weekends if the weather is too nice to ignore, though =)
  • jazzybean1
    jazzybean1 Posts: 113
    Usually Sunday & Wednesday off with the program we are doing now. It depends what you're doing...if your circuit training you need to take every other day off so your muscles get rest but you can still do cardio.
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    I do Crossfit workouts (high intensity program with weight lifting, body weight exercises, cardio, etc).
    I usually go for 3 days on, 1 day off.
    On rest days I still walk about 2 miles or work on strength (like 50 push ups/ 50 sit ups)

I used to do 5 days on, 2 days off. But I couldn't go 2 days without working out. 1 rest day between helps deal with the soreness. After 2 days I feel too stiff.
  • kmalex
    kmalex Posts: 39 Member
    I do cardio without weights everyday. For my weights I do two days on/one day off.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    That all depends on what kind of workout you're doing.

General healthy guidlines suggest 30 mins of some kind of activity every day....which can be anything so long as you're up off the couch.

Strength training generally requires 48 hours rest between workouts (every other day) as your progress comes in Between the workouts...when you're resting...and not during the training itself.
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    I do strength training and elliptical 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and run on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. When I first started out I wasn't running and I would go the gym 3-4 days a week. Listen to your body :)
This discussion has been closed.