am i getting obsessed?

Options
here is my monday story. is anyone else becoming crazy?

sun i did a massive hike that lasted over 4 hours, all incline on the way up. naturally my legs were sore the next day, but i didn't let myself rest since tuesday is my rest day. at work i had a bad craving for dark chocolate so i went for it and wasted 280 calories but it killed the craving.

after work i do yoga for 60 min and then abs for 15 min. am now starving and weak so do dinner. dinner was quick and didn't satisfy me, so i ended up having french vanilla icecream, and not even the low-fat version, but straight up 16 g of fat! of course now i am overwhelmed with guilt. so in two hours, after my food settles, i go back to the gym, do 35 min of cardio to burn 300 cal off and then do 30 min of circuit training. i think i burned around 630 cal for the day. BUT it doesn't make me feel better about the chocolate/icecream. should i blame it on the monday? on the hike? needless to say i can barely walk today, and i'm SO glad it's my rest day.

lesson learned: eat a balanced dinner that leaves you satisfied. AND to keep developing my self-control. :wink:

Replies

• vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    Options
    here is my monday story. is anyone else becoming crazy?

sun i did a massive hike that lasted over 4 hours, all incline on the way up. naturally my legs were sore the next day, but i didn't let myself rest since tuesday is my rest day. at work i had a bad craving for dark chocolate so i went for it and wasted 280 calories but it killed the craving.

after work i do yoga for 60 min and then abs for 15 min. am now starving and weak so do dinner. dinner was quick and didn't satisfy me, so i ended up having french vanilla icecream, and not even the low-fat version, but straight up 16 g of fat! of course now i am overwhelmed with guilt. so in two hours, after my food settles, i go back to the gym, do 35 min of cardio to burn 300 cal off and then do 30 min of circuit training. i think i burned around 630 cal for the day. BUT it doesn't make me feel better about the chocolate/icecream. should i blame it on the monday? on the hike? needless to say i can barely walk today, and i'm SO glad it's my rest day.

lesson learned: eat a balanced dinner that leaves you satisfied. AND to keep developing my self-control. :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    HAHA! You may have a little obsession going on there.....
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    The guilt DOES set in.... try keeping only fat free ice cream in the house... then you can satisfy that craving without the guilt. A LITTLE bit of chocolate goes a long way! I keep a few pieces (like kisses) in my desk drawer at work when I'm desperate... better not have a whole bar in my face of i'll eat the whole thing! :)