Question for those who calorie cycle

Options
So I'm going to give this a try. I went to Freedieting.com to get set up with a plan and chose the fat loss level.

My question is are the calorie amounts given my net calories or total?

I wanted to start doing this today and with my exercise I am just under my first day goal. But if I need to net that amount then I'm well below target. My day didn't start out as hoped so this is the first chance I've gotten to make a plan. In the future I will be able to plan my day a little better. Or atleast a better idea, with three young kids, plans are always being changed around here :tongue:

Replies

• rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    From other posts I've read it's the actual number, not the net. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've used that site to get calorie totals and I agree it gives them as total calories. I think it factors in eating back exercise calories so to speak as you have the choices of how much you exercise when setting up your profile there.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When you give your exercise level for the week, it factors that into the calculations. So, I'm using the same plan that they gave me and I eat around the number of calories that it tells me for each day, regardless of what I burn for exercise. However, in order to balance it out, I'm trying to line up higher calorie days with bigger exercise days. So my personal training session day is always my big burn, so I'll make that my max calorie day. I like the plan because I get extra calories on the weekends, and I've also flip flopped days if I have something like a dinner out and I want the extra calories.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've used that site to get calorie totals and I agree it gives them as total calories. I think it factors in eating back exercise calories so to speak as you have the choices of how much you exercise when setting up your profile there.

Yes ^

You select your activity level along with your other stats, therefore what they tell you to eat is the TOTAL, exercise already included.

Best of luck!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, thank you!
  • nannyciriaco
    Options
    So, we should be eating those calories we are burning during our exercise? That's what we were suppose to do with WW and found that we lost better when we did, but I wasn't sure that is what we were suppose to do here...
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    So, we should be eating those calories we are burning during our exercise? That's what we were suppose to do with WW and found that we lost better when we did, but I wasn't sure that is what we were suppose to do here...

Yes, you should definitely eat those excercise calories back!

With this zig zag calorie plan you are still eating them back. Are you familiar with Wendis plan with WW? Same idea.