NSV that means a lot to me

Options
getsveltEagain
getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
So today is Mother's Day. Like many people I spent the day with my mother and then went to see her mother (aka my grandma). So we are all sitting around to chat and I get up to go into another room. After I got back my mother and grandma finished what ever discussion they were having and my grandma turns to me and says "Carrie you have lost weight. What diet are you doing?"

I am shocked and pleasantly suprise for two reasons....
1) someone actually said the words "You have lost weight" that doesn't workout with me daily.
2) my grandma is practically blind!? (No I am not being mean or over exgarerating (sp?) she uses a 10x magnifing glass to read the newspaper!)

So I start explaing to her that I am not using any diet, but rather just counting my calories and staying at a limit set for my weightloss goals and amount of exercise. I said that it was working so far since I have lost 18 pounds since I "signed up" on Jan 26th and also lost 13.4 pounds in a ten week community weightloss challenge.

Replies

• StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your efforts are paying off in a big way!
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! It's nice when your hard work gets appreciated. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!