My "Biggest Mover" 12 week journey

Options
Feb 10th was a big day for me! I committed to a 12 week fitness program, I was beyond nervous yet very excited. I needed this and wanted it more than ever! I was placed on the Cardinal Red Team with 4 others, and we were soon on a serious mission, thanks to our fabulous trainer, Becky!

We meet 2x week for an hour each session, with the responsibility to do at least 3 hours of cardio per week on our own. I was fortunate to be able to attend classes 3 mornings per week while the babysitting room watched my youngest daughter. I also did another 30-60 mins of cardio in the evening at home...I quickly got into a routine and was feeling good! Making new friends, learning to cook & eat healthier, and logging on MFP everyday. The weight and inches started coming off.

At 10 weeks, I was down 30.6lbs putting me in 6th place for the overall challenge. I was very pleased with my progress, but wanted to be in the top 5! For the last 2 weeks of our program we were on our own…no more trainer, no more weigh-ins! Thank goodness our teammates kept in touch and kept the motivation going. Cardinal Red had been in 1st place throughout the whole challenge, we needed to finish strong!

So, I reduced my already low carb intake, increased my water and bumped up my daily cardio workouts. I was super motivated! I wanted to be back up in the top five. Saturday, May 7th was the final weigh-in…the big day, the finale party! Did I do enough cardio? Was my calorie intake a good balance for weight loss? YES, yes it was! I was down 13lbs and couldn’t wipe the smile from my face! Our team held onto 1st place, and I finished in 4th out of 80. My total weight loss was 43.6lbs in 12 weeks, which brought me under 200lbs.

I love this program and my supportive friends! Now facing a new challenge....summertime at home with 3 kids....

Replies

• ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good for you! Keep up the great work!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That's great! I just signed up for a weight loss challenge on April 28th! So far, so good. Starting today, I'm doing 30 Day Shred in the moring and C25K in the evening MWF. I plan on weight training or doing more cardio the other evenings. I'm so excited. This has really helped me to focus on my eating and exercise plans. I'm glad you told your story. It inspires me!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!!! Such incredible results in just 12 weeks. Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!