Most Accurate and Affordable HRM?

Options
Hello,

I am considering buying an HRM, please give me your input What is the most Accurate and Affordable HRM? What brand, does it have a chest strap, where did you buy it, is it accurate? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 with a chest strap. It's about as accurate as you can get with a chest strap in my opinion. It was about $109. Actually, my doctor told me about the Body Bugg, I believe it's called. It is the most accurate, but its about $200.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Polar FT4 - comes with a chest strap. I got it off of Overstock. You can check Amazon or Ebay as well.
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I bought a proform at Walmart. It has a chest strap and is pretty accurate...I paid $48.00 for it.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Just bought the Polar FT4 - with chest strap - LOVE LOVE LOVE the accuracy! It goes for $89 but I got it at Big 5 for $69 (great deal)!!!! I have and have used the Body Bugg....no subscription with the Polar AND I can swim with it - can't swim with the Bugg on as it can't get wet....BOO!:grumble:
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I bought a proform at Walmart. It has a chest strap and is pretty accurate...I paid $48.00 for it.

yep, I got the same one, it is great, works better than my timex HRM. I depend on the HRM, I train to it, without it I would be lost. My timex kept glitching which is why I bought a new one.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone im looking up every input from everyone
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    bump! :smile:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    One thing to ask when selecting a HRM is whether you can change the battery yourself. I think some brands you have to send back to the store to get the battery changed which is a pain. Mine is SUUNTO and I can change both batteries myself, and it is HOT PINK, which is important ;-).

Oh, and I believe the wrist strap only ones are not as accurate as the watch/chest strap combo.

GG
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4, love it super easy to use. Has chest strrap, and seems accurate. I paid 99 for mine at a local bike shop.
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Im looking at a Garmin HRM watch so that when I go off road I got a GPS tracker, but they are quite alot more expensive by what ive seen on net, thats one option for you.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options