Looking for friends to keep me Primally complaint!

Options
Just starting out and need some more friends taking this lifelong journey to help me stay true to the 80/20 rule! Looking for food ideas and in general moral support!

Thanks!

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    It's not too late to join us over here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/226494-no-grain-no-pain
    I think it's a good group!
  • amysj303
    Options
    oops, I just saw you have joined us, maybe not a lot of activity today! Lemme ask you, how do you consider the 80/20 rule? do you think-80% of each meal, or 80% of the calories or just 80% of all meals in a day or a week? I guess I was looking for what that really means...
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    oops, I just saw you have joined us, maybe not a lot of activity today! Lemme ask you, how do you consider the 80/20 rule? do you think-80% of each meal, or 80% of the calories or just 80% of all meals in a day or a week? I guess I was looking for what that really means...

I see the 80/20 rule being 80% food management, 20% the other 9 rules. Then food should be followed 80% or better. Better following, better results in health and fitness. I'm going to have an uphill battle eliminating cheeses. I love cheese.. All other dairy I should or have all ready eliminated.
  • amysj303
    Options
    yeah, I have not given up dairy. I am really just in the beginning stages, so I have started slow, just eliminating flour and sugar. And with sugar, I haven't been 100%, I have avoided candy and stuff like that, but have small amounts of sugar in things like a salad dressing.
  • BodyByBrusselSprouts
    BodyByBrusselSprouts Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too am pretty new to this. I am following the primal blueprint which does allow for some dairy. For me the 80 20 rule is basically in a 10 day period it won't kill me to cheat a couple of times - 8 days good 2 days not so good. But since I am new trying to jump start this and get thru grain cravings (who knew they were so addictive, it was like heroin withdrawals all over again), I am really going 90/10, but also not stressing over it. it is confusing and i could see someone thinking hey i can eat 20 percent of my calories as bread and candy. That is not how it works. I too and doing zero grain but getting sugar in things like bbq sauce, ketchup and salad dressing as well as fruit.