NSV-running

mektnf04
mektnf04 Posts: 22
edited September 27 in Success Stories
So last December I ran a 5k run at about 220lbs. My time was not as good as I had hoped at 32:46. I trained about a month for this run and I had to walk about 20 steps in the last mile up some of the last hill. I hadn't run since then, until I joined MFP on March 7th. After 2 months of weight loss, 31lbs, and getting to my goal weight, I ran in a half marathon today. I reached my #1 goal, which was to run the entire 13.1 miles without walking. Unfortunately, my time was a bit slower than I was hoping to get. It was 2:20:51 and my goal was 2:10:00. Even though I didn't reach my goal time, I am still very happy that I ran the entire thing. I have a 8K next weekend and my goal time for that one is 45mins or less.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Dude! That's awesome! I am doing my first 5k next Saturday! It's not gonna be pretty, as my friend and I ran/walked one for practice the other night and it took us 50 minutes...eek! But I think given the excitement of all of the other runners competing I can shave some time off of that...but this being my first one I am not really looking for a specific time, I am just hoping to finish without puking or anything else that's embarrassing :) Way to go!
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    CONGRATS!!!

I just started running a week ago. I'm slowly building up my endurance so I can run 3 miles without walking...for now. :bigsmile:
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Wow! I ran 13 miles today and it was 2:33- my goal for a race is under 2:30/2:25. Granted the first 6 miles are up hill but I can't imagine getting your time,, even on a flat course- that's great!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    I think your times are great! And nothing wrong with having a faster goal to work toward - congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!