Volumetrics & feeling full

Options
Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
I just wanted to mentioned this book and this way of eating for those unfamiliar. The book is by Barbara Rolls but you can get some basic info from Googling. It's about feeling fuller by choosing volumous low calorie food. Our bodies crave volume and that's why diets where you eat a small volume of food fail. Choose lots of vegetables, soups, grains, low fat meat etc. over dried fruit, crackers and the like. The picture on the front of the book says it all. What would fill you more, a good size bowl of fruit salad or a small muffin? Both are the same amount of calories but likely you'd eat 2-3 muffins to feel as full as you would after the fruit salad.

In addition to this technique which works for me, I incorporated something I read in an article someone posted a couple of days ago. Your body takes 25 mins or so to feel full so eat half your meal, drink some water and wait it out. If you are still hungry, eat the rest but chances are you won't feel like eating it for a couple more hours. I did this yesterday and it really works. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet.

Replies

• Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to mentioned this book and this way of eating for those unfamiliar. The book is by Barbara Rolls but you can get some basic info from Googling. It's about feeling fuller by choosing volumous low calorie food. Our bodies crave volume and that's why diets where you eat a small volume of food fail. Choose lots of vegetables, soups, grains, low fat meat etc. over dried fruit, crackers and the like. The picture on the front of the book says it all. What would fill you more, a good size bowl of fruit salad or a small muffin? Both are the same amount of calories but likely you'd eat 2-3 muffins to feel as full as you would after the fruit salad.

In addition to this technique which works for me, I incorporated something I read in an article someone posted a couple of days ago. Your body takes 25 mins or so to feel full so eat half your meal, drink some water and wait it out. If you are still hungry, eat the rest but chances are you won't feel like eating it for a couple more hours. I did this yesterday and it really works. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet.
  • bnlmembercb
    Options
    great post! thanks for the info!