You know my hubby, I suppose you might get to know me abit

ladysown
ladysown Posts: 6 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
hubby is rileysowner.

He's been patiently encouraging me to join him in his weight loss regime.

I am NOT a fitness person. Me... I like hikes, walking and bike rides. NOT working out. :)

But I am cutting back... and have managed to lose some.

The food diary thing might help me be more focused...but no promises of anything at this point..

Not kicking and screaming at all anymore...can you tell?!?! (not)

But it's a work in progress and we'll see how she goes.

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Psst... Hate to tell you, but biking, hiking is working out. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Yes, they are both working out as is swimming and many other things. ;-)
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    watch out, those healthy habits can be contagious- my husband has infected me with his running virus. It took almost 20 years but I finally get it. stick with it and you'll get there, and even find that you might just enjoy it along the way. good luck
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    No worry about running here. I hate it. I can do it, and did some catching up to my wife and son who had walked quite a way down the beach while I was resting my back, but as to doing it more than while playing some sport, not likely.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 854 Member
    Glad you are here! i have to say, working out isn't my greatest pal either, but I mostly walk..and i get to yoga once a week. I get so much encouragement here, that I have to say, for the first time, I am enjoying the process. The food portion has been great. I set mine up so that I see all the catagories that are important to me, and it's working really well. The actual weight loss seems slow to me..but it is really averages about a pound a week. But I was wearing a size 18 last summer, and I just had to buy new pants (I tried on the summer crops that I wore to work 2 summers ago {too tight last year} and they all fell off) and I got a size 14. So things besides the scale number have really changed.

I see your hubby on here a lot. We share friends, but I don't think I am one of his friends. If you want to friend me...please do. Always glad to help when I can!

Sally
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Big ol' welcome here, keep at it! I do prefer to look forward to my fun on my bike or on the water kayaking or canoeing as "fun" not a workout but I do... or rather WILL log it when I get back into it ;)

Most of my loss has been food choice changes or portion control when I do have the "not so healthy" choices, think I might get back to the gym this week in the mornings, been delaying with it being a new to me job and not sure how I'd do after an intense workout and having to work an active job for 8 hours... but I'm due to try.
This discussion has been closed.