Insecurity surprised me...

Options
2»

Replies

• emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Since everyone else has already got your spirits back up (and by the way, great job on 29 lbs!) maybe she thought you were done "dieting"? A crazy thought, I know. She couldn't possibly have not noticed, from your pics you look great! She may have figured you were on a diet, you lost the weight and now you're done? I'm sure it was a mix of everything, but you should definitely not let it get you down.

I just went to a wedding where I saw a lot of people for the first time in a few years. I was disappointed at first when no one noticed my weight loss, but then I remembered they hadn't really seen me at my chunkiest either. It made me realize how sensitive I was too. I think every once in a while it's good to remember why we're doing it. :wink:

What an awesome way of looking at it!!!! Thank you!

:heart: I cannot thank everyone enough:heart:
    You have no idea how much you have helped me, all of you.:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    OK well you friend is blind - Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! :glasses:

there is a huge difference between before and after................darling you look marvelous and should be incredibly proud of yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go keep up th egood work :drinker:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had dinner with a friend Sunday night whom I have not seen since June. I was excited to see her, and was wondering what her reaction would be to my 29 lb weight loss. Last time she saw me I was in a size 18-20, this time I was in a size 14 jean. A loose 14 too!
    Well....there really was no reaction. When we ordered, I asked for a piece of grilled chicken and steamed veggies prepared with no butter or sauce. (we went to outback) She then mentioned "oh, you are still on your diet?"

It is not so much that she did not give me the reaction that I hoped for, or maybe it is. I was SHOCKED how insecure it made me. I was down in the dumps all day yesterday about it. My DH keeps telling me what a great job I am doing, but why is it so important for me to have others notice?

I hate doubting myself, and I hate feeling like maybe I have not come as far as I thought I have.

You know what I have (had) friends like that too. A really good example (that prooves it is all about jelousy):
    I told my supposivly best friend that I was engaged. The first words out of her mouth were "You better not get married before me" and she was totally serious. We aren't friends anymore. I don't need friends like that. You are doing a great job. Besides if you really want to impress someone other than yourself the most important person, don't worry your husband is already impressed. Keep it up and ignore the hate.