One month and 28 pounds down!

Options
I've always been so inspired by people posting their during success stories. Today I wanted to share mine. At the start of this in late March I was 257 pounds. Today I weighed in at 229 pounds. It's only a loss of 28 pounds so far, but it's about 25% of the total amount of weight I want to lose. My end goal is 155-160 pounds.

(if I can figure out how to get the picture to post)(apparently all I had to was move it from the private album... and change the img... doh)

month1.jpg

Replies

• kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Way to Gooooo!!!
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    Only 28 pounds?? That's an amazing start & u should b so proud. :-) GREAT JOB!! Keep it up. I'm inspired by these success stories. Thanks for the post. :-)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I agree with MissTD! ONLY 28 pounds????!!!!! 28 pounds is AWESOME!!! be proud! You deserve it! You've worked hard! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!

P.S. You are lookin' good! :-)
  • Carrie_Dane
    Carrie_Dane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We all tend to dismiss our accomplishments and I am like everyone else by saying "ONLY"? Keep up the great work and one day you will have only hit your goal!
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    There's no "only" about losing 28 lbs -- that's incredible! Congrats on your success so far! You look great!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Hey you gotta start somewhere and you've taken a big leaping start!

No one ever said it was easy, but If you want to do it, you can do it! The mind is a powerful thing. You've got to want it. Keep it up!

It will be a life changer, even if you are happy with your life, it’s still is a positive thing.
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Woah, thats fantastic! Great job! It takes most at least three months to lose that, at least!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work! PS How'd you do that???????????
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    You did an amazing Job! Keep It Up!
  • Cricket1975
    Cricket1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Awesome job! You can see the difference in the pictures. What has been the main thing helping you out? I've recently hit my 20# mark, but it's getting really hard this past month to budge that scale. Good luck and keep it up! :)
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    TYSM everyone!!! I know 28 pounds is a lot, but in the long plan it's a small amount compared to the 100 pounds overall I want to lose.

I've mostly just been changing how I eat, what I eat and how much I eat. I count every single little calorie, even the spices and little things like that. Soda is only a part of my diet if I"m having a shot of alcohol. The MiO for water and crystal light packets have become my best friends. I've gone from drinking practically no water to around 10-12 cups a day. I stopped cooking with butter and olive oil, I use red wine vinegar, cider vinegar or cooking spray now. Just counting the calories has been a huge change. I took this last week off from the gym due to a pulled muscle and I still lost 2 1/2 pounds. Exercise is just cardio. 45-60 min on the elliptical 5 days a week with an occasional hour long dog walk thrown in.

The biggest thing that has helped me is my mindset and attitude. It's not "well... I know I need to do this... but I can cheat just this once." It's "I will do this, I can do this, I am doing this." I'm fully 150% behind losing this weight.
  • mbyrd1987
    mbyrd1987 Posts: 3
    Options
    you look great!! and thanks for inspiring me=)
  • melmunitich
    melmunitich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow great job! im just starting my journey and thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    28 pounds in one month is amazing!!! You're looking gooooood! I'm sure you are inspiring everyone around you. Congrats on the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!