Thoughts?

Options
I was hoping to get input from everyone, seeing if anybody has tried such a thing.

Well my issues with weight loss and diet are that, during the day, I do great! I eat a balanced breakfast that always figures around the same calories, I always eat well balanced snack and lunch...it's dinner that kills me. There is just something about dinner, I always eat over my calories!!!!

So, I'm going to reverse my meals. I'm going to start having dinner for breakfast, lunch will remain the same, and eat my breakfast for dinner. I know it will be strange, and my boyfriend and I will be eating different things (which he doesn't mind and I don't mind, as long as we eat together), but I've heard that this is the way your body processes calories best? Eating a heavier load of calories in the morning instead of for dinner?

Thoughts? Opinions, please?

Thanks!

Replies

• thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    But won't reversing meals still have you consuming the same calories...? You will still, at the end of the day, have overeaten in terms of cumulative calories? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your plan!

How about if you do a bit extra exercise to allow for the larger intake at dinner?
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that that works. You still need to be in your calorie limit though. The saying was something like the following:
    Eat breakfast like a King
    Eat lunch like a prince
    Eat supper like a pauper

Something about giving your body energy during the day and not sleeping on calories at night. Good luck!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it works for you! I tend to eat a bigger dinner too, and I usually need a snack later in the evening (it helps with acid reflux).
  • kel29
    kel29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i do calorie counting as a diet & the lady that runs the weight loss group I go to Has always told us the same Breakfast like a king Dinner like a prince & supper like a pauper . .it works for me :o)
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Well, the thing is, it's just the night snacking that gets me!! After dinner!! Although, I think that this will bring down my calorie intake just because I'm usually not as hungry in the morning to want a second helping of dinner.

This morning was my first morning of dinner for breakfast. It was kind of strange, sitting there eating my sweet potato, green beans, and grilled chicken, while my boyfriend ate his usual fruit, yogurt, and toast. haha, we'll see how dinner goes :-)

I guess I'm hoping that this will suppress my urge to snack and get dessert later on in the night
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I saw a TV program once on Discovery Health Channel where a woman did this and swore by it. I mean, it makes total sense. I think you'll have success!! =)
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    First day done!! And wow! I have no desire to snack on anything at all! My calories are where they should be also :-)

SUCCESS!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    great news!