calorie blocking pill???

Options
:noway: a pill that blocks calories....... has our dreams came true.......... :grumble:

Cut and pasted from the site.........
CalTrap is made of a unique fiber that absorbs foods and liquids up to 200x’s its own size forming a safe gel that traps and eliminates calories. Studies have shown an average of 25% of calories are removed safely ........

www.mycaltrap.com

just wondering if anyone has heard of this or tried it :glasses:

i bought alli when it first came out, it is still sitting in my bathroom, i am afraid to try it now do to its oily side affects. :sick:

Replies

• ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :noway: a pill that blocks calories....... has our dreams came true.......... :grumble:

Cut and pasted from the site.........
    CalTrap is made of a unique fiber that absorbs foods and liquids up to 200x’s its own size forming a safe gel that traps and eliminates calories. Studies have shown an average of 25% of calories are removed safely ........

www.mycaltrap.com

just wondering if anyone has heard of this or tried it :glasses:

i bought alli when it first came out, it is still sitting in my bathroom, i am afraid to try it now do to its oily side affects. :sick:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the only way to prevent calorie absorption is to rush the nutrients out---one end or the other. IF that pill truly 'blocks' (a.k.a. prevents absorption via interruption of digestion) it'll have the same effect as Alli, or worse. Not to mention that interfering with digestion also interferes with the absorption of vitamins and minerals. I personally would never take something that could put my health in jeopardy. A multivitamin and hard work is all you need.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sounds VERY unhealthy to me.... :noway:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    IF that pill truly 'blocks' (a.k.a. prevents absorption via interruption of digestion) it'll have the same effect as Alli, or worse.

also cut and pasted from the site........
    CalTrap is not a “fat blocker.” Unlike fat blocking products, CalTrap traps fats, carbohydrate, and proteins in food and removes them comfortably in the stool, whereas fat blockers block fat from being absorbed and leave the risk of fats being removed outside of the stool, which can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Rach i agree i woild rather do it the old fashioned way.......
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    IF that pill truly 'blocks' (a.k.a. prevents absorption via interruption of digestion) it'll have the same effect as Alli, or worse.

also cut and pasted from the site........
    CalTrap is not a “fat blocker.” Unlike fat blocking products, CalTrap traps fats, carbohydrate, and proteins in food and removes them comfortably in the stool, whereas fat blockers block fat from being absorbed and leave the risk of fats being removed outside of the stool, which can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Rach i agree i woild rather do it the old fashioned way.......

Yea, that's why I said 'or worse.' 25% of a meal's worth of nutrients exiting your body in the form of diarrhea is worse than oily stool, in my opinion. :laugh: Most likely, this 'absorbing' fiber is just leeching a minimal amount of calories from your digestive tract in the fluid it absorbs. The increased bulk in your bowel movements would make it appear as if a portion of your meal just flew right through you, when in fact it would just be swollen fibrous bulk.

Bottom line is, there is no magic pill. Every diet pill will 'show studies' that their invention is successful, even those stupid 'Kinoki foot pads' that 'soak up toxins through your feet.' It's best not to waste your money.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Seems mighty similar to a laxative.... eat all the food you like, flush it out before it 'sticks'. Sounds no good.